Diesel Fuel Mixing with Motor Oil

/ Diesel Fuel Mixing with Motor Oil #1  

Craiger-mags

Tractor
LS
[FONT="Times New Roman"]I have a Chinese tractor sold under the name of Hercules. It has a Benye 345 enging. Its a reverse steer I use it with a snow blower. It works very well and runs and starts strong.

I have noticed recently that there is a lot of thin oil or fuel blowing out of a discharge chute on the side and at the same time notice that the oil has thinned out some. This happened before and when I changed the motor oil it looked like diesel fuel had mixed with it. I could be wrong its just that the oil was thin.

I am looking to the experts out there to find out what might be happeing and better yet how to fix this problem. Could this be typical of diesel tractor engines.

Thanks for your help

Craig in North Idaho
[/FONT]

/ Diesel Fuel Mixing with Motor Oil #2  
Not typical. You have a problem that is causing fuel to blow by the piston rings. Do compression check. I would also remove the rocker arm cover and check the valve gaps. I'm surprised it is running strong. I would expect that fuel to be coming from a dead cylinder. I would also expect that the thinned oil will not lubricate your engine properly.

/ Diesel Fuel Mixing with Motor Oil #3  
I am not familiar with your tractor, but if it is still running strong I would be looking for a leaking fuel pump seal.

Possibly a manual fuel pump diaphram or drive shaft seal on the fuel injection pump, if it uses this type of pump.

/ Diesel Fuel Mixing with Motor Oil #4  
The other possiblity is a weak seal in the fuel pump. We had an IH that did this same thing and that was what caused it. The seal was between the gear drive and the diesel side of the injection pump. It actually got bad enough while we were roading it about 5 miles to be repaired that it pushed fuel out the dipstick. I was almost to the shop when that happened.

/ Diesel Fuel Mixing with Motor Oil #5  
I know you want an answer to your question, but you are not supposed to post in multiple forums...

/ Diesel Fuel Mixing with Motor Oil #6  
i have a mahindra 3510 and i have noticed that fuel is mixing with the oil. this is a little conceringing. it is only about a quart+ a month, please help!
Thanks
Brett

and yes i have posted on multi-threads because i can not post on the mahindra forum only,,
any help is greatly thankfull

/ Diesel Fuel Mixing with Motor Oil #7  
I dont know anything about your tractor so this is just a swag answer. Check and see if your fuel injectors are located under your valve covers. Early chevrolet duramax engines were built this way. They had a problem with an injector cracking and pumping fuel out into the valve cover which then mixed with oil.

/ Diesel Fuel Mixing with Motor Oil #8  
My neighbor's JD 4310 developed a fuel pump leak that caused fuel to go into his oil. On many Benzes, failure of their vacuum pump diaphragms can cause diesel fuel to leak into the oil (not typically on tractors; Benz uses a vacuum system for many of the car utility functions; need a separate pump on diesels as they make no vacuum from the engine).

Ralph

/ Diesel Fuel Mixing with Motor Oil #9  
Is enging chinese for engine?

Is the enging making oil? If so then yes you have fuel entering the motor, do a compression test, ck fuel injector for stuck open, or some busted diaphram.
A stuck injector will usually cause a knock or a miss.

/ Diesel Fuel Mixing with Motor Oil #10  
thanks all, but what is strange is that it starts and runs like it is new, now that i know of the concern it does not get started. an i am also out of warrenty,
thanks again, please keep it comming
Brett