gas in muffler

/ gas in muffler #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have a cub cadet 1330. While replacing a rusted muffer I found gas in the muffler tube where it connects to the motor. Is this normal?
Thanks for your help.

/ gas in muffler #2  
GASOLINE??

You're running too rich. This can be bad if it's washing down the cylinder walls. You're also wasting fuel.
Suggest you check your carburator...float might be bad, or the carb might need rebuilt.

/ gas in muffler
gasoline.
Thanks for your help I'll definitely check out the carb.

/ gas in muffler #4  
Check yr timing as well....

/ gas in muffler #5  
Tee,

I'm not familiar with a 1330 but I am assuming that it is a lawn tractor. If this is the case it probably has a gravity feed fuel system. When you park it you should turn the fuel off, otherwise it keeps a constant pressure on your needle and seat in the carburator. Given time some gas will leak past and into the engine. This is not necessarily abnormal since most small engines are not precision things anyway. This is bad for the engine. It can hydraulic lock the engine, thin the oil, and wash down the cylinder. If there is gas in the muffler it got there when the engine was not running otherwise it would have burned.
Good Luck

/ gas in muffler
It might be possible that there is a little gas residue from when the engine was shut down. When you cut the ignition the engine continues to turn for several more revolutions before coming to a stop and continues to pass some air/fuel mixture. This might be all you are seeing here if nothing seems wrong with your carb.

/ gas in muffler #7  
I'm not familiar with a 1330 but I am assuming that it is a lawn tractor.

I was assuming it was a full sized tractor...if it's a lawn machine, forget my suggestions.

/ gas in muffler
Thanks a lot for all the help, I really appreciate it.
BTW it's a lawn tractor.
Thanks again!