Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 5105

Default John Deere Battery Warranty?

I have had a john deere 5105 for two years, in January and the battery went dead. I had another battery laying around so I'm good to go for now, but does anyone know what the JD battery warranty is? Thanks.

Gold Member

Default Re: John Deere Battery Warranty?

I don't know what their warranty is but if it is setup like most battery warranties after the first year the additional years are really like a discount off the cost of a new battery and a lot of the time you can buy the battery for less someplace else. -Ed

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2320

I thought it would be covered under the standard warranty.. My 2320 has a 3 yr warranty I believe.. BUT then it could be denied since it is a consumable..

Brian
    Bedford, VA
    2320 w/ 62D MMM, 200CX FEL, Pats EZ Change, LX4 Cutter
    Co-owner (with my father) of John Deere 790, 30 HP, 4x4, 513 cutter, 70 FEL
    2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

Platinum Member

I bought a new JD in 2000; the battery lasted about 1.5 yrs and I tossed it! I think they are a low quality battery, or the shelf life had expired? I wasn't impressed with the dealership either, and purchased a quality battery at Walmart that is still performing.