Help! john deere 212 snow blower

/ Help! john deere 212 snow blower #1  

jayjay

Help! I have a john deere 212 tractor with a blower and mower that are giving a lot of trouble. My snow blower throws snow at best 6 inches most likely not at all. I have replaced all the belts and they seem to have a nice tension to them but the power from the motor does not seem to make it to the blower or mower deck. any ideas?

thanks

/ Help! john deere 212 snow blower #2  
Jayjay,

Have you done a compression test on your tractor?

/ Help! john deere 212 snow blower #3  
How much clearance do you have on your impeller blades?

/ Help! john deere 212 snow blower #4  
Hi! I think If your motor run Good. Look for PTO CLutch. Good Luck Oldmech

/ Help! john deere 212 snow blower #5  
That's a single stage isn't it? If the snow's wet it sticks to everything and doesn't work to well. Is the auger spinning rapidly when you throttle up the engine? Could be the clutch or just the nature of the beast. If the belts tight and the clutch is adjusted properly you could try spraying the auger, chute etc with something like pam or silicone spray.

M.D.

/ Help! john deere 212 snow blower #6  
This may sound silly but double check to make sure the rotation of the auger is correct. I once but my snowthrower on my JD 111 and had the belt on such so the auger turned the oposite way. It acted just like you are describing.

Speedy:)

/ Help! john deere 212 snow blower
it looks like it may be the clutch.....a small pin has broken off. Hopefully that fixes the blower.

Thanks

/ Help! john deere 212 snow blower #8  
Like speedracing said, check the direction of rotation. If it's like the 112 I had, the design requires a twist in the belt. If you install the belt the way it looked logical, it would rotate the blower backwards.

/ Help! john deere 212 snow blower #9  
I have a john deere 212 snowblower and am having trouble getting it to lift properly with the manual lift. Any help with this to have it adjusted correctly would be appreciated.