Page 102 of 431 FirstFirst ... 2529299100101102103104105112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 4302
    Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

Quote Originally Posted by tulenutn2o View Post
    Yeh, I do that all the time on stuff that has went on sale after I bought it and the store(not HF) wouldn't give the adjustment on paper because of their 2 week policy. I've had clerks say,"you'll actually do that?" Heck ya, I figure money is better in my pocket than theirs. At times my wages for doing this have been astounding.Especially on bigger , more costly stuff.
    I don't see how the math works for you. Say you bought something a month ago for 10 bucks that they will not price match with the current 5 buck price. Do you buy a new one at 5 bucks then use the receipt ($5) to return the original???? You haven't saved anything have you?

I understand Big E's transaction to get a replacement item for one that is busted after the exchange period but the math just doesn't compute for me on yours.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    I don't see how the math works for you. Say you bought something a month ago for 10 bucks that they will not price match with the current 5 buck price. Do you buy a new one at 5 bucks then use the receipt ($5) to return the original???? You haven't saved anything have you?

I understand Big E's transaction to get a replacement item for one that is busted after the exchange period but the math just doesn't compute for me on yours.
    You take the item you purchased for 5 and return with the 10 receipt. Just a simple way around their price adjustment policy is all.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves. - Edward R. Murrow

"Being smart is not how much you know, it's knowing where to look."
    R. James

Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

Quote Originally Posted by tulenutn2o View Post
    You take the item you purchased for 5 and return with the 10 receipt. Just a simple way around their price adjustment policy is all.
    But if you can do that why not just return the original item with the original (10) receipt? I thought the whole game was to return something when the original receipt was "out dated" for return purposes.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    But if you can do that why not just return the original item with the original (10) receipt? I thought the whole game was to return something when the original receipt was "out dated" for return purposes.
    You are making it too hard. 1) tool/product has been used or (like in most cases for me) you don't have it with you. So, just buy the new one, out the door, in the door and return on old receipt. For the record, I most generally have receipts in my truck.( I am a contractor and buy lots of building materials)Every dollar saved is another dollar to eat on.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves. - Edward R. Murrow

"Being smart is not how much you know, it's knowing where to look."
    R. James

Veteran Member

I've had their 2 1/2 ton Floor Jack for 15 years and we've used it a lot and it's still going strong. I think I paid $70 for it back then.

Bronze Member

picked up the 30 LED worklight yesterday works good so Pass!

and also picked up the $.99 scissors and so far they seem to but good but a little cheap feeling and not as sturdy as my cutco set.

I bought the Horizontal/Vertical Metal Cutting Bandsaw on sale for 159.99 and this tool has been great. I have seen other stores sell the same saw (different name) for 2 to 3 times as much, but it is the same saw....
    The wife and I love the store. We have to drive about an hour each way but it does make a great road trip

Tractor
    Mahindra 4500 4WD w/FEL, and Scotts S2048 lawn tractor

Quote Originally Posted by trell View Post
    I bought the Horizontal/Vertical Metal Cutting Bandsaw on sale for 159.99 and this tool has been great. I have seen other stores sell the same saw (different name) for 2 to 3 times as much, but it is the same saw....
    The wife and I love the store. We have to drive about an hour each way but it does make a great road trip
    Second on the bandsaw. Use a higher quality saw blade than what is sold by HF and it works great.

Tractor
    KIOTI 554

In the course of my job I purchased a med sized drill press for one of our outlying vehicle maintenance sites. It was an American name brand one and cost about $2,500. When I saw it installed I realized it was identical to my $400 HF drill press. Not just similar but identical except for the paint and brand name. Had to have been made in the same factory. So don't think just because you pay alot for name brand you are getting a better tool.
    Last edited by psj12; 05-10-2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Veteran Member

wow quite a difference in pirce...

Page 102 of 431 FirstFirst ... 2529299100101102103104105112152202 ... LastLast