Page 104 of 659 FirstFirst ... 45494101102103104105106107114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 6589
    Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, and now just one YM186D

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

Quote Originally Posted by ss4010 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    Has anyone tried the handheld bandsaw? $90, 4.5" capacity.

Yep.... It has been one of my best HF purchases. I can't believe how well it works. It has already saved me a ton on bi-metal sawzall blades. It's one of those tools I don't know how I got by without it. The weld in the included blade is the only drawback. Sometimes you feel a little bump when cutting.
    Ok, I bought it. After sale price and 20% coupon it was $67.99.

Somewhere I saw that the original blade is for wood and I need to buy a finer hacksaw-like blade before using it on metal.

Any advice?

Tractor

#42661 Strapping Tool Set -

This is for cinching up plastic straps around shipping cartons or bundles of lumber, then crimping the clip that joins the ends of the strapping.

This set is no longer sold. I have it, with its carton and manual which is dated 2000.

Does anyone have this? Where do you get more strapping, and the clips? It looks to take 3/4" strapping, that is the size of the jaw opening on the crimper, but it could also be 3/4 jaw opening to fit over 5/8" size clips before crimping them.

Does anyone have some experience with this tool or something similar?
    Last edited by California; 05-25-2010 at 05:29 PM. Reason: better grammar so somebody besides me can understand what I said ! :)

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

My original blade cut a lot of metal before I replaced it. A lot of crap and it held up better than expectation.
    larry
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

Tractor

Thanks! I'll simply put it in service then. With only occasional use that blade should last me a long time.

Edit, Update! I opened my saw. It has a decal that I now remember was on the store demo (but it's not in their online photo, or the manual):

Something like "The initial blade shipped with this saw is for wood only. For cutting metal, get a metal-cutting blade."

Looks like my next stop will be Lowes for a real blade before I can use it.
    Last edited by California; 05-26-2010 at 12:42 AM.

Gold Member

This is for cinching up plastic straps around shipping cartons or bundles of lumber, then crimping the clip that joins the ends of the strapping.

This set is no longer sold. I have it, with its carton and manual which is dated 2000.

Does anyone have this? Where do you get more strapping, and the clips? It looks to take 3/4" strapping, that is the size of the jaw opening on the crimper, but it could also be 3/4 jaw opening to fit over 5/8" size clips before crimping them.

i operate an automated strapping machine at work. we also have a hand model for stuff too small for the machine. signode is the manufacturer of both (and i have seen the signode name on other crimps that have come through the plant). searching for signode could get you started.

if you lived close enough, i could get you a lifetime supply of plastic strap, but it's only about 1/2" wide. i go through 2 or 3 60lb rolls in 8 hrs.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by defed View Post
    searching for signode could get you started....I go through 2 or 3 60lb rolls in 8 hrs.
    Thanks! I'll look for that name locally.

You must be strapping huge quantities of something to use that much!

PS for the bandsaw, I got a couple of 'Standard' Milwaukee brand 18 tooth blades. Home Depot had several, all 18T, as part of their Milwaukee display. I wonder if these are better than the bi-metal blades at HF? Probably!

Veteran Member

I would have to give a thumbs up on this set.
    3/8" to 2" Ratcheting Pipe Threader Set
    I have done enough not to have gotten the use from the kit.
    On thing I wondered if anyone has used it and replaces the cutters in any of the heads, and are they standard?
    I used alot of oil and reversed often to clear the head. The powered one looks interesting .If I had know it was this handy I would have bought the powered one.
    Wonder if the heads are the same .I could buy the powered one and the set I dont have.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2006 Kama554; 92 Belarus 250AS

Northern Tool sells some of the strapping stuff.
    http://manuals.harborfreight.com/man...2999/42661.pdf
    Stretch Wrap + Strapping Materials | Material Handling | Northern Tool + Equipment
    2006 Kama 554, 92 Belarus 250AS, Bombardier Outlander Max 400.

Gold Member

saw some at grainger too...didn't check mcmaster.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by defed View Post
    saw some at grainger too...didn't check mcmaster.
    Thanks Brad and Defed. The Northern Tool strapping supplies look like the right ones.

My crimping tool looks like this one at NT. The openings in the chrome outer plates measure 3/4". Does anyone know what width strapping that is intended for? I'm guessing that notch is oversize to slip over the 'seals' that get crimped, no?

I see NT's strapping is sold by (nearly) mile increments, however. I need to find a local supply who will sell me a few hundred feet off their spool.

My use is simply to band a dozen or so pallets of redwood lumber, various odd sizes intended for future projects, so I can move them around without spilling them. I was using cheap poly rope but discovered it rots after a year of sunlight so my stacks are unstable. Something I can cinch up tighter will be a lot better.

Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck-p1050060rlumberpallet3-jpg

Page 104 of 659 FirstFirst ... 45494101102103104105106107114154204604 ... LastLast