Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,041  
Changing the subject, now re HF's handheld bandsaw:

I love it! I tried the original blade on some firewood. It makes a beautiful clean cut. Then I put on the 18 T Milwaukee blade and cut some light angle iron. This works great. I don't know how I got along without it.

But a comment about HF quality - when I opened the cover to put on the replacement blade I discovered that the blade guides, the roller assemblies that keep the blade in place, were loose. There is an assembly of three rollers (left,right,top) on each side of the 4" opening. The screws holding these assemblies in place were so loose that I could shift the assemblies by hand.

It's a great saw but like a lot of HF stuff, final assembly and quality control inspection is left to the buyer. 'Some Assembly Required!" :)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,042  
Central Machine 4 1/2 inch flap sanding wheels 44979. I needed to knock the old paint and grime off part of my loader bucket (where the hooks and angle iron were welded on.) This little flap sander immediately took it to shine metal. Did the entire job in about 15 minutes.

Unfortunately, I can't find them on line now. I'll have to go to the local store and see if they have any.

montyhp

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,043  
But a comment about HF quality - when I opened the cover to put on the replacement blade I discovered that the blade guides, the roller assemblies that keep the blade in place, were loose. There is an assembly of three rollers (left,right,top) on each side of the 4" opening. The screws holding these assemblies in place were so loose that I could shift the assemblies by hand.

And, guess what can happen when this stuff falls off inside the bandsaw when you're using it? :D :(

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,044  
You take it back????

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,045  
Anyone that has the 1/2" earthquake impact can they tell me if the tool working on the #1 setting?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,046  
Anyone that has the 1/2" earthquake impact can they tell me if the tool is working on the #1 setting?

I have one, bought with a sale price on top of a sale price. Mine works in every setting and has lots of power. No complaints.
It is very stiff to break in, however and I have to rap the torque/power selector switch with the socket to move it. It is slowly loosening up. It seems to be the only HF thing I ever bought that is made to minimum dimensions.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,047  
I wonder if I should return my tool? at 90 PSI and the setting on 1 I get nothing but hissing air.. but on 2 and higher the tool works fine.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,048  
I wonder if I should return my tool? at 90 PSI and the setting on 1 I get nothing but hissing air.. but on 2 and higher the tool works fine.

Let's see if we can get a few more Earthquake owners to comment.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,049  
Mine works fine on all settings I would return it. Did yours ever work on the first setting?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,050  
Take it back. There is variability in HF tools. You might as well have one that works as you would expect.