Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,051  
Mine works fine on all settings I would return it. Did yours ever work on the first setting?

Nope.. You can hear it here in a youtube video I made some time ago

around 2:00 in the video is where I change the setting to #1 and I press the trigger and nothing.

YouTube - harbor freight 1/2" earthquake impact

Also I don't think I have my sales slip.. or maybe I do I have to check.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,052  
I wonder if I should return my tool? at 90 PSI and the setting on 1 I get nothing but hissing air.. but on 2 and higher the tool works fine.

I just checked and I run at 135-165 psi.
Maybe it hisses at the lower psi?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,054  
Take it back. There is variability in HF tools. You might as well have one that works as you would expect.

Took mine back, that's for sure. I saw no use for a impact that required me to loosen the lugs by hand first. After 2 trips back to Horrible Freight, I said "refund please". I have no time or patience to have to take one apart and sand down the miscast and rough parts that cause them to not turn until they're "broken in" (rough castings worn off). I've listed some 'good buys' from HF, but the Milkshake impacts definitely fall under the "pass" on my list of items from HF.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,055  
wow is it safe to run this tool at 90 psi?

If you want to take one apart and sand on the rough cast parts for a day it should take nuts off at 90 psi unless they are torqued down a bit.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,056  
If you want to take one apart and sand on the rough cast parts for a day it should take nuts off at 90 psi unless they are torqued down a bit.

I can't see how often people use the lowest setting on the tool anyways.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,057  
... HF's handheld bandsaw:

But a comment about HF quality .... 'Some Assembly Required!" :)
Found and corrected another significant assembly flaw:

The blade runs through a shoe (similar to a jigsaw) and the shoe has a slot you assume you could use as a guide, to follow the cut line you drew on the workpiece.

Surprise! the slot is 10 degrees out of parallel with the blade!!

I added two square nuts of different thicknesses under the slot-shoe where the two attachment screws hold it to the chassis. This brought the shoe parallel to the blade. Now it's dead accurate. Keep the slot parallel to the pencil line where you intend to cut and it's as accurate as a Skilsaw.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,058  
Soon youll be qualified to make your own usa knock off lol Its not bad if its an easy fix to adapt HF stuff for use...

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,059  
1. 10" carbide table say blades for $10, and they stay sharp as long as blades costing 3X as much.
2. Impact sockets I'v had a set for over 15 years and haven't broken any yet.
3. 4 1/2" grinding wheels. Last just as long as the $8 ones .

I have had good luck with their impact sockets as well.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,060  
I agree on the 10 inch blades for around 10 dollars just replaced a dull one and thought it was one i had bought from he lumber yard till I noticed it was a HF one.I run through nails, aluminum and everything with them.I am however not to keen with the 2.99 circular saw blades. they dull quick and are paper thin