Page 108 of 454 FirstFirst ... 85898105106107108109110111118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 4537
    Bronze Member

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

Speaking of air compressors.. I have the 10 Gal oil compressor.. the drain valve on that thing sucks.. I have to use slip joints just to drain the air out of it.. I think I will be replacing it with one that has something to push onto to open it.

Tractor
    New Holland TC33D, LT4000

Quote Originally Posted by tulenutn2o View Post
    I just burnt up another one of those POS. And it was plugged directly into wall outlet! Luckily I have a fullsize compressor in the job trailer and plenty of Hose. I only miss the pancake when it's puring down rain and I have inside work to do where I can't have a window open for the hose to pass thru.
    Skip the HF pancake compressor. It is worthless. Do yourself a favor and pick up a Porter Cable pancake compressor. The HF only does 100psi: the PC does 150psi. The HF is 2HP: the PC is only 1HP. I don't recall the CFM ratings on either, but the PC beats the HF in CFM ratings. So, higher pressure, higher CFM, lower power - PC beats every time. As a bonus, the PC will run on my little Honda suitcase generator, whereas the HF stalls it out. And the PC is much quieter.

The downside? You can pick up the HF for $39 less a 20% off coupon, so around $31. The PC runs you about $199 with a couple of free guns.
    New Holland TC33D w/7308 FEL, 6600 BH, 66" boxblade, and pallet forks.
    http://pens.bigelowsite.com

Bronze Member

I have a question I'm looking at item 92514 and I called a store and they say the item is $69.99 in the store but it's $59.99 on the site.. from what I understand is almost all stores will price match? But can I combine the price match with the 20% off coupon?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1-3-2-4 View Post
    I have a question I'm looking at item 92514 and I called a store and they say the item is $69.99 in the store but it's $59.99 on the site.. from what I understand is almost all stores will price match? But can I combine the price match with the 20% off coupon?
    It seems to be up to the store manager. I'd print out the on line information and ask nicely if they will match that price. Then casually offer up the 20% off coupon. Most stores seem to want to please - there is a ton of profit for them or they wouldn't offer stuff for 1/2 off all the time..

Bronze Member

I will give it a try

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Depends on what region you are in.

Here in Northern California its 'Sorry, Buddy' if you ask for the catalog price (or any other kind of price match) in their retail store. They are happy to take one coupon for an item, and will take a %-off coupon on an advertised sale price, but won't stack any two coupons on a single item.

Also - if you walk in with a %-off coupon apply it to your most expensive item, and put that on the counter first.

I have twice gotten a register receipt that shows %-off dollar amount on the register tape while the grand total mathematically includes the undiscounted price!!! Their explanation is that showing any coupons on that tape negates the %-off coupon. It seems fraud to me to print the discount on the tape then not subtract it from the total.

Bronze Member

in the store now and wow most stuff is marked up like you know how the hf site will show how much less you will pay this store seems to mark back up which was taken off at the website

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1-3-2-4 View Post
    in the store now and wow most stuff is marked up like you know how the hf site will show how much less you will pay this store seems to mark back up which was taken off at the website
    Everything goes on sale for at least 1/2 off, eventually. I just wait until the item I want is on sale (with no coupon), then slap the 20% off coupon on top of the sale price.

Bronze Member

I needed the tool this week for an install I need to do.

they tried to tell me that the 20% off would not be added and to show me they scanned it too but they had the manger come over and she said that they could add the 20% off along with the price match.

So it's really up to the manager like it was said.

I picked up the Electronic leak detector.

what's with the electronic leak detector locked behind a metal cage but other stuff in the store is much higher and not locked up?

Geeeez I saw something that was $3.99 locked behind the cage

I have a few questions..

Does anyone know if the air compressor 4Hp 10gal (#90234) will start and run ok with the generator (#66619)

And does anyone know if item 95014 can be used for soda blasting?
    Last edited by 1-3-2-4; 06-21-2010 at 03:51 PM.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3316g

Used to be you could play "price roulette" on their website. You could enter the item number from a catalog (e.g., 95659-1MWB) then change the number after the dash to another digit and get a different price (like from a different sale catalog). With the new look website I don't know if this works anymore.

Montyhp
    So TX
    Montyhp
    So TX
    Mahindra 3316G

"I'd rather be stupid on the forum than in the field"

Page 108 of 454 FirstFirst ... 85898105106107108109110111118158208 ... LastLast