Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,081  
I thought i was the only one doing that..I guess i loose most the time because i get a higher price lol

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,082  
I'm going to add the solar electric fence controller to this list. It's not wonderful, but it doesn't suck. I bought one on sale for $40 about 3 years ago knowing that I'd use it someday. Someday finally came this week, and it's kept the horses in all week. The shock in delivers is weak, but it's consistent. The battery keeps the fence active clear into the morning. The fact that it still works after 3 years in storage is another reason it goes in the "Don't Suck" thread.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,083  
Has anyone tried the Automatic Compressor Drain Kit?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,084  
I don't recall where I read it, but someone said it soon fell apart. I would be cautious, wait for a good recommendation (if any) before going ahead on this one.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,085  

Neighbor across the street bought it. He had to replace all of the connectors and tubing with good stuff from the hardware store, but after he did that, it worked fine. He might also have had to replace the activating mechanism a few times before finding one that worked properly.

Sure, it works well if you've got time for another big project....

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,086  
I have been replacing a lot of brake line on a trailer and got both the wrench type and crows foot type of flare nut wrenches from HF ahead of time.
I have been very pleased with both and I found a new_to_me trick with using the crows foot ones around brake line that is very close to the frame.
Fit a crows foot on there and use the longest drive extension bar you can get in there.
You can kinda wind and wrap the line and extension bar around each other as you tighten the nut.
It gets you a whole turn before you have to disconnect/reconnect, which beats the 60 degrees with a regular wrench.

I bought these as "single use" but I think they're gonna be keepers.
I might even pick up their metric cousins the next time I'm there.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,087  

I bought a couple several years ago. 1 failed within weeks, but the other one is still going strong. It's not a big deal putting it on either.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,088  
Id also recommend these
http://www.harborfreight.com/21-piece-metric-3-4-quarter-inch-heavy-duty-socket-set-5494.html

I will admit I'm scared to use the ratchet lol .But it comes with a breaker bar .I found a good use was when I had to unpress and repress some bearings on the shop press. The various sizes made good push blocks.I paid 39 dollars and also bought the metric version.
I don't know if id want to use these everyday but for the price.. I'm impressed.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,089  
I also have the 3/4 drive sets in metric and SAE. I also do not use the ratchet but that is not to say it doesn't work. I also am impressed with the price. haven't broken a socket yet.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,090  
Here's the opinion of someone over on WeldingWeb:
The absolute MOST ANNOYING things that I have purchased at HF are the automatic tank bleeder/drains for the bottom of the air compressor. Made of solid brass so you think they will work, but the guts of the things start leaking within a couple of weeks. The floor around my compressor is littered with the rejects... which just goes to show what a dumb_*ss I am because I kept buying the same thing over and over thinking I would eventually get a good one. After FIVE attempts, I just gave up and plumbed a curved copper tube to the bottom of the tank with a quarter turn plumbing shutoff and I try to remember to drain the tank every month or so. I can't believe they keep selling those auto drains....