Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,102  
Speaking of not replacing batteries.....
This didn't come from H.F., but actually works pretty well...until your hand gets tired!
170786d1278635951t-harbor-freight-tools-dont-suck-flashlight.jpg
If you are continually squeezing it, how the heck do you aim that thing? :D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,103  

I don't know about the one in the picture, but the ones I've seen store about an hour worth of energy. You run the dynamo for a few minutes and then you have light for a while.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,104  
Actually, it's very old, made in Russia way before cheap rechargable batteries and led's.
It fits in your palm and you use your fingers to pull the lever. A rack on the handle spins a small generator which powers the light for 3 or 4 seconds each "squeeze". The lense is angled down so it points properly while walking with it.
Practical, indestructible and VERY inconvenient. ( Sort of reminds me of the US space program spending millions on the Parker "Space Pen" and the Russians just sent pencils )

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,105  
I found something at HF that works great - staining pads. A package of 6 was $2. No lint and they don't seem to wear. Did a whole set of french doors with 1 pad.
I also bought something at HF that I never thought I would - an 80 tooth 10 inch carbide saw blade. Ended up costing me $17 with the 20% coupon. I needed a cheap blade to cut plexiglass because that material is hard on blades. I definitely stood off axis when I first fired it up, but it has been doing good duty and is still sharp.
HF just opened a store in my area and it has been a circus - drawing crowds from all over and off Interstate 90 because we don't have a sales tax.
My wife has a birthday coming up and I've been thinking about getting her one of HF's better grade dust mops. Have to think that one over.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#1,106  
I found something handy at HF - it is an ATV hitch adapter. It allows me to use a 2" receiver on my lawn tractor when I want to haul around a small trailer. I also have a hook on a 2" receiver so I can attach a chain to the back of the tractor. Not bad for the price.

ATV Hitch Adapter

Receiver Tow Hook

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#1,107  
My wife has a birthday coming up and I've been thinking about getting her one of HF's better grade dust mops. Have to think that one over.

Think hard. Those couches get lumpy after a few nights. :laughing:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,108  

Skip it.
Buy the ones from WalMart or Costco that have some sort of static cling thing to them and the dust just jumps on them. Hand ones or rags or even mop type things. Swiffer or some name close to that I think and they were not expensive.
I came home with these on a lark one day and she just loves them.
Just my two cents regarding marital bliss.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,109  
I did just recently get a HF hand held band saw. It works pretty slick. No complaints on it (yet).

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,110  

HF also sells solar charged garden/patio decorations in the shape of dragon flies, butterflies, and hummingbirds. They run all night changing colors doing several color changes in a repeating sequence. Women seem to go for them. They can act as landmarks for navigating in the dark.

Pat