Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,131  
nice of the store I went to yesterday they gave me the upcoming sales for next month and the fall sale a few items I'm looking at which is 38391 which is the 12 volt jump start.. any good? I can't see how it can be 100% bad but are they sealed? battery non replaceable?

Also does anyone have the 2 stroke generator? How loud is it in person? the youtube videos are good but looking at the specs it's almost 100 dB? From how close?

I plan on next year using it to power two 250 watt work lights

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,132  
I assume you're talking about their orange handheld metal band saw. Had mine two years, cut a lot of angle iron for small projects with it with decent results. New owners should immediately throw away the blade that comes on it and go to a good tool jobber and buy a few high quality blades. I broke the cheesy Chinese blade the first ten minutes, a top quality American made replacement has lasted two years so far cutting up to 3" angle iron. Loud as heck (wear ear protection). Well worth the $89 or whatever it was I paid for it two years ago, made my little shop welding projects much faster/easier. I'd still like to have a good bench-type metal band saw, but haven't prioritized the funds for one yet. I see HF has one now but don't know anything about it. Maybe they're ok, maybe not.

I gotta call that hand held band saw complete junk. Sorry. Toasted 4 in a row and Horrible Freight said I'm using it too much. ??? BS! The gears must be plastic or pot metal. They strip really easy. The rubber covers that the blade rides on is the cheapest trash rubber I've ever seen. They shred almost immediately. The Horrible Freight store manager toasted 2 of them trying to cut a 1/2" piece of rebar I brought in. That tool is a horrible waste of time and money. wasted more in gas and my time than the piece of garbage is worth. I broke down and bought a Milwaukee and haven't had a problem since.

As I've stated before, pay the shipping and I'll ship you the last junk hand held band saw I got from them free of cost. It's the one that destroyed itself in about 10 seconds of run time at the store. Verdict: avoid at all costs. Not worth having if it is free.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,133  
nice of the store I went to yesterday they gave me the upcoming sales for next month and the fall sale a few items I'm looking at which is 38391 which is the 12 volt jump start.. any good? I can't see how it can be 100% bad but are they sealed? battery non replaceable?

Also does anyone have the 2 stroke generator? How loud is it in person? the youtube videos are good but looking at the specs it's almost 100 dB? From how close?

I plan on next year using it to power two 250 watt work lights

If they are the yellow ones, avoid. No power behind the volts. After about a month the one my dad gave me wouldn't turn over a 4 cyl Civic but show 12.8 volts. A replacement battery started it just fine.

If you have a Rural King, they sell a small Black and Decker for about the same price and they have worked rather well.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,134  
I gotta call that hand held band saw complete junk. Sorry. Toasted 4 in a row and Horrible Freight said I'm using it too much. ??? BS! The gears must be plastic or pot metal. They strip really easy. The rubber covers that the blade rides on is the cheapest trash rubber I've ever seen. They shred almost immediately. The Horrible Freight store manager toasted 2 of them trying to cut a 1/2" piece of rebar I brought in. That tool is a horrible waste of time and money. wasted more in gas and my time than the piece of garbage is worth. I broke down and bought a Milwaukee and haven't had a problem since.

As I've stated before, pay the shipping and I'll ship you the last junk hand held band saw I got from them free of cost. It's the one that destroyed itself in about 10 seconds of run time at the store. Verdict: avoid at all costs. Not worth having if it is free.

I have one of those HF band saws and it does not have a rubber coating on the wheels, some sort of a grit like material. Don't know when they changed them, I've had mine about a year or so. So far so good, I can cause the drive to slip if I apply too much pressure, back off and it does the job. Beats the heck out of a hacksaw!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,135  
I have one of those HF band saws and it does not have a rubber coating on the wheels, some sort of a grit like material. Don't know when they changed them, I've had mine about a year or so. So far so good, I can cause the drive to slip if I apply too much pressure, back off and it does the job. Beats the heck out of a hacksaw!

That does it! HF is dumping their defective stuff on me!! Cheater.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,136  
If they are the yellow ones, avoid. No power behind the volts. After about a month the one my dad gave me wouldn't turn over a 4 cyl Civic but show 12.8 volts. A replacement battery started it just fine.

If you have a Rural King, they sell a small Black and Decker for about the same price and they have worked rather well.

it was this one here

12 Volt Jump-Start and Power Supply

so I guess I should avoid it then

So many people would come up to me asking if I had any jumper cables this year and I was like sorry :(

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,137  
it was this one here

12 Volt Jump-Start and Power Supply

so I guess I should avoid it then

So many people would come up to me asking if I had any jumper cables this year and I was like sorry :(

I had one exacty like that for years that I had bought at Northern Tool. It always worked well and held a charge. LOVED it. Then someone "borrowed" it from me and now it is gone. I bought the one at HF that is sort of square and the cables roll up into each end and it has an air compressor. This thing SUCKS. It will start a honda or a quadrunner but don't go near a V-8 with a dead battery with it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,138  
I had one exacty like that for years that I had bought at Northern Tool. It always worked well and held a charge. LOVED it. Then someone "borrowed" it from me and now it is gone. I bought the one at HF that is sort of square and the cables roll up into each end and it has an air compressor. This thing SUCKS. It will start a honda or a quadrunner but don't go near a V-8 with a dead battery with it.

you must be talking about that yellow and black one?

This one here? If so it looks cheap in person anyways.

5-in-1 Portable Power Pack

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,139  

Skyco while I have not made cuts with ours yet (have ran in to check out the speed control) I think Dargo must be talking about something different or they have been beefed up over time.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,140  
This one-

Attachments

• image_1378.jpg
    image_1378.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 164