Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,181  
1-3-2-4 said:
Same here I've used the same 20% off coupon and never had an issue.. my question is what happens after it expires on 12/31/10

They'll print another one valid until 12/31/11.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,182  
Hope so I know I heard on of these these sites they felt like they were doing away with the 20% off coupons.

but not sure how true that is.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,183  
Hope so I know I heard on of these these sites they felt like they were doing away with the 20% off coupons.

but not sure how true that is.

I'd bet the more they get, the more they'll print. They have at least 20% in mark-up.

How many of us have gone in to use a 20% off coupon and not bought at least one other thing? I may have once or twice, but usually I'll get a few things while I'm there anyway.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,184  
thats true I used my coupon last week went in for one thing but came out with 3 things.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,185  
I suspect HF uses those discount coupons the way the airlines use frequent flier programs. They build loyalty and keep people coming back. They may make less on an individual sale but make it up in volume. I doubt they lose money on any item even discounted 20%.

Heck they even make money off Dargo!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,186  
Has anyone bought the circular saw blade sharpener? It looks pretty simple and other than the motor there's not much to go wrong. There are no stores close to me so ordering is the only way and I would rather not deal with trying to return.

I have not bought one but when I cut a lot of wood I looked at one and decided against it. I didn't have a good reason other than prior experience and a feeling of impending doom if I bought it.
Instead I bought a carbide bit that was in a die grinder tool. It worked fine but I went back to hand sharpening or buying new blades

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,187  
I suspect HF uses those discount coupons the way the airlines use frequent flier programs. They build loyalty and keep people coming back. They may make less on an individual sale but make it up in volume...

I heard somewhere that you don't sell product, you sell customers. Once you have a customer, the rest takes care of itself.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,188  
has anyone tried the HF 5 gal portable air tank?

I got pissed when I picked up a 7 gal from autozone new and unopened and went to fill it with air and the pressure reading was still at 0 PSI when I had 90 psi in the tank.. I returned it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,189  
I heard somewhere that you don't sell product, you sell customers. Once you have a customer, the rest takes care of itself.

Obviously that strategy has worked with our buddy Dargo. He hates the stuff but keeps going back. Beat me, ouch that hurt, now beat me again!:D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,190  
Obviously that strategy has worked with our buddy Dargo. He hates the stuff but keeps going back. Beat me, ouch that hurt, now beat me again!:D

Dargo really loves HF. He is just playing had to keep. :)