Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #121  
I went I saw I did not buy anything

Now this is a post that I expect comments about being unbelievable and why people doubt what I say when I have posts.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #122  
gemini5362 said:

Now this is a post that I expect comments about being unbelievable and why people doubt what I say when I have posts.

I can see not buying anything.

...like if you already have one of everything they sell :).

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #123  
reasley said:
Harbor Freight is having what they call their "sidewalk sale" this weekend. I just happened to be going by there and needed to return something anyway, so I stopped in. I didn't look very long, but I did get a couple more (now have probably 6) of the 4 & 1/2" angle grinders -- for $8.88 each -- the cheapest that I've ever seen them there. Also, they have their large full-head air nailer (8-10 gauge) for $49 -- which is also the cheapest that I have seen that one. I have used that air nailer for about 5-6 years now and bought a backup about 3-4 months ago. Finally, they have a good deal on a 3/8" impact wrench (not the air wrench, but an impact). Just an FYI for anyone that likes HF . . .

I stopped by on Friday. Also got the 4.5" grinder!! I also have the orange one, I think orange is a little better than the blue. Bought 2 more sets of drill bits. Been using the heck out of my last $9.99 set (the gold looking ones, titanium nitride, Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices ).

Also bought 2 of these little blow guns for $.99 each Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Got this bench vise...not bad with the price marked down. I actually wanted one a little smaller. Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Got this big drill set, we'll see how good they work someday. Store price was 29.00 or something, took in this printed ad and got the 22.99 price, no questions. Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

I tried to score this new bench top drill press, but they said it's a special order and takes 2 weeks to get? Sounds fishy, there is one on the display.

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

If you are going to the HF store, remember to check the internet price and print the web page, they will honor the price. On the flip side, if you order via the web site (pretty slow), they will honor a current printed ad price.

Rob

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #124  
gemini5362 said:

No, I agree with you! I read the sale ad and didn't even go - I didn't see anything listed that I wanted.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #125  
gemini5362 said:

Not buying when you have everything you want, need, or just deem ownable is believable. What is unbelievable is that no one ELSE has ever commented on your arbitration scam which is a thinly veiled series of FREE mini-vacation boondoggles during which the activities most favored may bear no identifiable relationship with the subject arbitration other than the general locale. Not to worry, the fine cadre of gentlemen assembled in this august body will keep your secret safe!

Pat

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #127  
valleydweller1 said:
Trailer stingers are cheap at HF and mine has held up well to heavy towing.

Greg

Okay, I'll plead stupid...

What's a trailer stinger? :confused:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #128  
Iplayfarmer said:

The 2" square thingy that your hitch ball mounts to, the other end attaches to your 2" square receiver hitch.

Greg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #129  
Known to most of us as a drawbar ;)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #130  
Iplayfarmer said:

Welcome to my world! I never heard of the term "trailer stinger" either nor did anyone else I asked. I GUESSED correctly though. Colorful term but I think I will stay with draw bar.

I prefer the solid 2 inch draw bars. I have them rated for 15,000 lb and balls rated for 30,000. HF hitch pieces are OK for the price but are strictly light duty. I would never personally use the light duty HF stuff since I have plenty of HD parts. I'm sure for light weight light duty applications they are just fine.

Their draw bar with hook does look sort of attractive though and I think I will get one of those.

Pat