Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,411  
My brother went into HF to get a new brad nailer for $20 and the girl asked if he wanted an extended warranty for $5 and he said no and the girl said I'll knock $5 off the nailer and give the warranty, not bad.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,412  
I bought the 1.5 watt solar battery maintainer last spring and am very happy with it/ works great. On sale and or coupon was 14.00 at the store. I was/am planning on getting more.........except

I Just saw the single version of the SunForce 1.8 watt battery maintainer at home Depot (in store) on sale for under 20 dollars. the link goes to he web site where they are in a 2 pack for 50 bucks (plus shipping). it comes with alligator clip leads AND "cigarette" plug in as well. The only difference I see is that they charge controller seems to be built in.

HD has several different solar panel products on line- from this company with comparable pricing to HF. I may end up trying some of these out.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xj3/R-100660085/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053[/FONT][/FONT]

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,413  
My brother went into HF to get a new brad nailer for $20 and the girl asked if he wanted an extended warranty for $5 and he said no and the girl said I'll knock $5 off the nailer and give the warranty, not bad.

Wow! That's good! :thumbsup:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,415  

Shows what part of the sale that was in her best interest I guess. :laughing:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,416  

Something has changed recently about HF, but I can't quite put my finger on it. There's the new emphasis on the coupon policy, the odd push for extended warranties, a LOT of advertising, and the new website. It all points to some kind of philosophical shift for the company. It feels like when a company gets bought by a corporate holding company trying to "flip" it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,417  
Something has changed recently about HF, but I can't quite put my finger on it. There's the new emphasis on the coupon policy, the odd push for extended warranties, a LOT of advertising, and the new website. It all points to some kind of philosophical shift for the company. It feels like when a company gets bought by a corporate holding company trying to "flip" it.

Interesting...

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,418  

Interesting. I spent a lifetime in a peripheral finace role and when I was in today I also noticed something was different. I came away not thinking of an immediate flip but of a dramatic push to upgrade quality and sales. It didn't feel like a "flip".
In my local store was a new manager not of a foreign culture and language but an American redneck midwest english speaking tool guy. Looked business savvy and aggressive. So did the asst mgr and more staff than usual . Inventory was up and the isles were packed. The checkout people were attractive and capable for a change. They spoke english.
Toss in the advertising, coupon change and it looks like a new CEO with pay tied to sales numbers. I suppose it could be a fluke?

Maybe the days of the $12.99 hearing aid are ending?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,419  
... it looks like a new CEO with pay tied to sales numbers. I suppose it could be a fluke?

Maybe the days of the $12.99 hearing aid are ending?

It could be something as simple as new leadership. I'm no finance expert. The sure thing is that there's a palpable difference in the character of the business.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,420  
I think in their minds, they are dead serious about taking over the 'America's tool store' role that Craftsman once filled. Broad lines of everything you might need for a small-business shop plus of course the home workshop crowd. Everything short of the premium tool-truck lines.

But they definitely have a way to go. :D