Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,432  
so before I was a potential customer.but now because they will charge for the catalogs I dont even get a post card telling me this ? Or how about an e-mail? They just 'dropped' me cold feet.Interesting how companiys try to improve and may gain one customer at the cost of another or a few..

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,433  
so before I was a potential customer.but now because they will charge for the catalogs I dont even get a post card telling me this ? Or how about an e-mail? They just 'dropped' me cold feet.Interesting how companiys try to improve and may gain one customer at the cost of another or a few..

Did it to me too. If you go online I think you can get one free catalog, but after that I think it's $2 a year.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,434  
I don t mind at all shopping their site but I usually buy when its on sale and they only way to know is a catalog.
I believe they should have reduced the amount of catalogs at first to save the money.It was sort of ridiculious to stop them all together.It sends a clear message to me that Thye are now boig enough that they dont need me as a customer.I would spend around 900 a year on basics. Basics that I can get locallly just as much now.And price?
Well a bag of cat food (wally world) used to weigh 18 lbs now its 16 lbs and the prce is higher,as they said at wal mart this is what the customers wanted.
Rant alert lol.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,435  
Sorry, I could not help myself, but the first thing I thought was "China's tool store"...:laughing::laughing::laughing:

That's funny because i can remember the same laughter when Japanese products started appearing in the US. It wasn't long before Americans were buying their cars because they were much superior to american made rust buckets that rotted through in 3 years. Electronics ditto. Don't take the Chinese lightly.They're smart, industrious and nationalistic, like we used to be. Keep :laughing::laughing::laughing: ,the jokes on us. :D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,436  
The unfortunate thing with products made in China- there are dozens of companies makeing the same or similar product. Too many cooks spoil the soup.....

HF may get a production run of an item from one vendor that is superior, but the next production run from another company is less expensive...and perhaps lesser quality. It is incredibly hard to maintain quality standards when you place your name on a product that may be manufactured by several different companies.

Exporting is huge in China and each company is doing what it can to stay viable. Cutting cost in production is one of them. The farm equipment/tool industry there is not the same because of this. Unlike Sony or Toyota in the Asian market, who worked on perfecting a small product line to excel in.

The Chinese companies would become stronger if they narrowed down and produced better in a smaller line of products and not duplicate what dozens of other companies are doing.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,437  
That's funny because i can remember the same laughter when Japanese products started appearing in the US. It wasn't long before Americans were buying their cars because they were much superior to american made rust buckets that rotted through in 3 years. Electronics ditto. Don't take the Chinese lightly.They're smart, industrious and nationalistic, like we used to be. Keep :laughing::laughing::laughing: ,the jokes on us. :D

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,438  
it's funny china is a communist run country is looking very much like a "open " ecomomy and we are starting to look like a state run one.:confused:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,440  
China has the ability to produce some very good stuff. If superior quality is in high demand, China will find a way to provide superior quality. Other economies have covered the quality niche. China is filling in the cheap niche.

It will be interesting to see what happens between the US and China in the next decade. The Chinese population is rising in wealth and expectations. They may start consuming a much larger portion of their country's production which would increase costs for us and drive more production back home. It's hard to predict what will happen.