Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,441  
I finally got something at HF that was a real dog. #97115 Split Leather Gloves, "inner lining has soft polyester cover", 3" cuff, 0.44 lbs/pair.
image_9218.jpg

They were free with an email coupon. The website says 'In-Store Item Only, please call your local store for availability'. Hopefully they are closing them out.
The 'lining' is a random wad of fabric that prevents your fingers from going up into the glove's fingers then if you do get a glove on, it is so crude and thick that it wedges your fingers far apart like Mickey Mouse. Forget grasping anything.

I see they used the same photo to illustrate #67440, identical appearance, cotton lining, 2.5" cuff, only .028 lbs/pair. Maybe those work better.

In the past I have tried the similar #66287, the five-pack of gray leather/cotton back 'industrial' gloves, and thought they were so cheap that they were of limited use.

In contrast #35166 thin cowhide Roping Gloves are excellent.
image_336.jpg

Much thinner and supple compared to their leather/cotton 'industrial' gloves and in my opinion suitable for all the same tasks. These allow grasping something delicately and don't fight back when you hold a tool handle.
They are more expensive, around $5, but they outlast many pairs of the cheap gloves. I go through 1 or 2 pairs of these per year.

I'm done experimenting with cheaper alternatives. Even if the alternative is free like today's experiment

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,442  
I finally got something at HF that was a real dog. #97115 Split Leather Gloves, "inner lining has soft polyester cover", 3" cuff, 0.44 lbs/pair.
image_9218.jpg

They were free with an email coupon. The website says 'In-Store Item Only, please call your local store for availability'. Hopefully they are closing them out.
The 'lining' is a random wad of fabric that prevents your fingers from going up into the glove's fingers then if you do get a glove on, it is so crude and thick that it wedges your fingers far apart like Mickey Mouse. Forget grasping anything.

I agree. They were "free" but more like free crap. Mine must have been made for people with stubby fingers and web-like hands.
Choose the free flashlight--- it's a much better deal.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,443  
I, for one, am very happy that HF is reducing the number of catalogs. I think they were printing (diggin') themselves into a hole by over-marketing. I'd often have several coupons for the same item and just take the best deal. The were essentially marketing against themselves. Fewer catalogs and quality internet/email marketing is likely to produce the same amount of sales without the expense of all those printed catalogs. This is a quality move in my estimation.:thumbsup:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,444  
I, for one, am very happy that HF is reducing the number of catalogs. I think they were printing (diggin') themselves into a hole by over-marketing. I'd often have several coupons for the same item and just take the best deal. The were essentially marketing against themselves. Fewer catalogs and quality internet/email marketing is likely to produce the same amount of sales without the expense of all those printed catalogs. This is a quality move in my estimation.:thumbsup:

I agree about the catalogs. Most of the catalogs or flyers I got were only ever touched to see if there was a 20% coupon on the back and then thrown away. Online shopping is so much better IMO.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,445  
image_9218.jpg

I see they used the same photo to illustrate #67440, identical appearance, cotton lining, 2.5" cuff, only .028 lbs/pair. Maybe those work better.

In the past I have tried the similar #66287, the five-pack of gray leather/cotton back 'industrial' gloves, and thought they were so cheap that they were of limited use.

In contrast #35166 thin cowhide Roping Gloves are excellent.
image_336.jpg

Much thinner and supple compared to their leather/cotton 'industrial' gloves and in my opinion suitable for all the same tasks. These allow grasping something delicately and don't fight back when you hold a tool handle.
They are more expensive, around $5, but they outlast many pairs of the cheap gloves. I go through 1 or 2 pairs of these per year.

I'm done experimenting with cheaper alternatives. Even if the alternative is free like today's experiment

I like those orange gloves too. I've never got them for free...:(

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,446  
I just bought the 11 drawer tool chest
11 Drawer Roller Cabinet
had 20% coupon but found out they don't honor it on tool chest and other items. go figure.
Reviews looked great and I can use the extra space.
Hope to put it together this weekend.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,448  
I agree about the catalogs. Most of the catalogs or flyers I got were only ever touched to see if there was a 20% coupon on the back and then thrown away. Online shopping is so much better IMO.

Problem is some good deals were in the catalogs and not offered to online or in the store. So you were missing them

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,449  
I believe they are trying to phase out the different pricing structure so that everything is the same.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,450  
I believe they are trying to phase out the different pricing structure so that everything is the same.

I sure hope so:thumbsup:

I find it annoying to have 3 or 4 different prices on the same item depending on what coupon you have....more than once I've made a purchase to get home and find in the mail that came that day a better deal....:(