Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,451  
Maybe they are trying to push more activity to the "Inside Track Club". I.e. the only price differences are the member and nonmember prices.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,453  
Went there yesterday and noticed their deep 1/2" drive impact sockets were on "closeout" (whatever that means at HF) for only $11.25. Regular HF price was $50.
Toss in the discount coupon and it was $8 and change for the entire 3/8" to over 1 /1/4" inch set in a nice plastic case.
I got the metric set for my agricultural use but SAE was the same price and there were plenty of them.
The only thing I could figure was the size was not etched all that deepely into them.
My SAE set has been around a long time and I beat the tar out of and not even damaged them.
I'd give it two thumbs up and my Harbor Freight seal of approval .

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,454  
Picked up the steel tri fold for loading the DR mower (the pair is good for 1000 pounds) and the large rolling double sided parts bins today. I did get another 50' 12 gauge power cord. The two we currently have power the new storage building off of two different house circuits and are in the weather and stepped on all of the time and so far they do not suck.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#1,455  
I noticed that the "free" flashlights now require a $19.99 purchase. Oh, woe is me! :laughing:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,456  
Doesn't everyone have several of those flashlights by now? :) I won't need more for years. I gave three or more as Christmas presents last year and still have four on the shelf.

Something I expect HF to start selling soon: L.E.D. household lightbulbs. This technology is evolving quickly and suddenly many Hong Kong ebay sellers have them. They use half the energy of a compact fluorescent and last far longer. At the moment there is a broad margin between cost in China and retail for the same thing sold at Home Depot etc. I think HF will jump in to take advantage of this margin since they already have the China contacts and import channel. The potential market here is huge.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#1,457  
........I gave three or more as Christmas presents last year and still have four on the shelf.

Me, too. :D We have a $5 limit and I figured, gee, free is less than $5.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,458  
Went there yesterday and noticed their deep 1/2" drive impact sockets were on "closeout" (whatever that means at HF) for only $11.25. Regular HF price was $50.
Toss in the discount coupon and it was $8 and change for the entire 3/8" to over 1 /1/4" inch set in a nice plastic case.
I got the metric set for my agricultural use but SAE was the same price and there were plenty of them.
The only thing I could figure was the size was not etched all that deepely into them.
My SAE set has been around a long time and I beat the tar out of and not even damaged them.
I'd give it two thumbs up and my Harbor Freight seal of approval .

I got a good deal on a socket set in the "clearance area" once...I'm now kicking myself that I did not get the metric one too...:mad:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,459  
bought there porta power today - used it to do some work on a brush hog tonight and it worked GReat for the price.
Also bought their metal cutting circular saw last week and it works excellent. Cut 5/16th plate like a regular saw through wood. Very impressive!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,460  
bought there porta power today - used it to do some work on a brush hog tonight and it worked GReat for the price.
Also bought their metal cutting circular saw last week and it works excellent. Cut 5/16th plate like a regular saw through wood. Very impressive!

I bought the metal cutting circ saw last year and that thing is a marvel. I even cut some 3/4 inch thick stuff and it was seriously 10 times faster that a chop saw. I think I cut some 1/4 x 6 inch bar stock in about 40 seconds.