Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,491  
BUT the turn and tail circuits are switched, so the bright filament is the running light and the dim one is the turn signal/brake light.

Aaron Z

Some poor little Chinese child is gonna get punished for that mistake.

But Yeah, I saw those mag tow lights and thought looks like a good deal, I could use something like that for my tow behind log splitter which has no lights at all.

JB.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,492  
Some poor little Chinese child is gonna get punished for that mistake.
But Yeah, I saw those mag tow lights and thought looks like a good deal, I could use something like that for my tow behind log splitter which has no lights at all.
We put them on the haywagons and other equipment when we tow them down the road. Safer (IMO) to have lights on the back of the wagons. I permanently ran a 4 wire extension that will reach from the tow vehicle to the back of the wagon. No need to try to string the wire all the way back every time you want lights that way.

Aaron Z

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,493  
I read the fine print this time as they have changed how you can use the 20% coupon. Seems you can no longer use them on sale items for a double discount. Is that true? Bummer.

Oh no!! If that's true, TBN will have to find another guinea pig for HF pot luck tools.

Oh, I also noticed that they quit carrying the chop saw I couldn't even get my trash man to take. It's the one I made a video of and put on YouTube of it going up in smoke trying to cut a 1/2" piece of rebar. I returned it and recorded the new one trying to finish the same cut and it too went up in smoke. HF must watch YouTube because I had a lot of hits and then YouTube took my videos down. Anyway, now their "professional" chop saw costs twice as much and looks to be all black in color. I'm told it is decent and still a bargain even at the higher price. My local store also told me that they quit carrying the exploding Russian 14" wheels for them. Those are the ones where I had 3 self destruct in a row and figured that I'd pressed my luck enough.

So, if they now won't let me use the 20% off coupon when buying "sale" items, who is going to step up and risk life and limb to see which tools are winners and which are not up to being good gag gifts?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#1,494  
So, if they now won't let me use the 20% off coupon when buying "sale" items, who is going to step up and risk life and limb to see which tools are winners and which are not up to being good gag gifts?

A couple of weeks ago I used a free 48807 bar clamp and 20% off coupon together to buy a 29 cent on sale paint brush. I got the 20% off, too. :laughing:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,495  
QUOTE HF must watch YouTube because I had a lot of hits and then YouTube took my videos down.
I alwasy wondered if You Tube themselves policed and removed vids. If a video is done with class, i feel its a bad thing for the people. They dont get a good cross section of opinions.
Thats all didnt mean to highjacker.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,496  
OK, I went back and checked and here is the verbatim fine print on the most recent 20% off super coupon (comments in parentheses are mine):

Use this coupon to save 20% on any one single item puchased when you shop at a Harbor Freight Tools store. Cannot be used with any other discount or coupon (I would imagine "any other discount" includes a sale item??). Coupon not valid on any of the following: gift cards, Inside Track Club Membership (However, I think we should all chip in and get one for Dargo!), extended service plans, Compressors, Generators, Tool Cabinets, Welders, Floor Jacks, Campbell Hausfeld products, open box items, Parking Lot Sale items, Blowout Sale items, Day After Thanksgiving sale items (including cranberry sauce), Tent Sale items, 800 number orders or online orders. Coupon not valid on prior purchases after 30 days from original receipt (actually I never thought of using one retroactively). Coupon cannot be bought, sold or transferred. Original coupon must be presented in-store in order to recieve the offer (so they don't take xerox or pdf printouts anymore??). Valid through 5/20/11. Limit one coupon per customer and one coupon per day (has the one coupon per day limit ever been enforced??).

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,497  
I asked if 'one coupon per day' was still in effect after they removed the No Exceptions printout taped to the counter. The manager said they had gone back to allowing multiple coupons from their regular customers who actually bought stuff.

He said that policy was an emergency response after they discovered hordes of neighborhood kids were stealing all the Sunday papers out of the newsstands in the shopping center, bringing in stacks of free flashlight coupons, then the kids were reselling the flashlights in front of KMart down the block.

I don't know about nationwide policy, but this is what the local manager wanted to rant about.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,499  
I just bought a real nice moving dolly to set my PTO Generator on...or $15.00 - the casters alone would have cost me that at Tractor Supply + the wood + the labor..they are on sale now.

Got me one too for my carryall!!! :thumbsup: