Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,591  
Just an Aside: Note how Harbor Freight names their brands "Pittsburg", "Chicago" etc. to give use that warm-fussy USA feeling? Smart marketing.........~S

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#1,592  
Just an Aside: Note how Harbor Freight names their brands "Pittsburg", "Chicago" etc. to give use that warm-fussy USA feeling? Smart marketing.........~S

Yea, Feng Dong just doesn't quite the same ring to it. :laughing:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,593  

I have laughed about that a lot. Harbor Freight aren't the only ones, though.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,594  
Wow! Who knew a Harbor Freight Tool thread would provide such an education on series/parallel wiring????:D

Thanks guys!:thumbsup:

By the way, stay away from the HF automatic air compressor tank drain! I bought one, exchanged it about 3 or 4 times before giving up and getting a refund. They all leaked... air, of course, and water if any was in the tank. Hey! Maybe that is how they were supposed to work, by just slowly draining the water out. Those HF guys think of everything!;)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,596  
I have laughed about that a lot. Harbor Freight aren't the only ones, though.

OH, don't tell me that the "quality" tools (as advertised) aren't actually made in the towns of their namesake!! :eek: Gosh dog it, you'll crush me if you do.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,597  
Wow! Who knew a Harbor Freight Tool thread would provide such an education on series/parallel wiring????:D

Thanks guys!:thumbsup:

By the way, stay away from the HF automatic air compressor tank drain! I bought one, exchanged it about 3 or 4 times before giving up and getting a refund. They all leaked... air, of course, and water if any was in the tank. Hey! Maybe that is how they were supposed to work, by just slowly draining the water out. Those HF guys think of everything!;)

Yeah, I bought one of those that broke and it was so simple I made my own.
Might have cost $4 or so.
Steer clear of their manual or auto drain for compressors.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,598  

:laughing::laughing::laughing: I thought the same thing. :thumbsup:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,600  
Hold on buying at this time.:laughing:

After I posted last night it reported the battery was full when it was at 25% SOC. It was about 5 outside and I needed to get home so I just set it side. I am going to check out the sliding selector because I moved it and it when back to charging for few minutes then back off.

I guess it is the AUTO shut off feature on what I thought was a fully manual charger is the thing bugging me. It may just because it is a sick battery that is showing high enought voltage so it green lights it and shut off when it is only a surface charge. Will test on a good battery later.

I opened the case and the circuit board has the logic in it so there is no way I could see to make it funtion as a manual charger.

On a quick retest on a battery reading 12.56 volts setting at rest for a week it went to max charge rate for a few minutes then it shut off turning on a green light.

Then I put it on the 2 amp trickle setting and it seems the auto shut off feather does not apply to that setting and the output was at 14.02 volts when I removed that charger from that battery.

I moved it to another matching battery at 12.56 also and per the meter on the 2 amp trickle setting it peaked at 7 amps of charging but after about 20 minutes it has tapered to 4 amp readout per the charger's amp meter.

I will try to find/create a 50% charged battery and test to see if volt and SG wise it will fully charge it to 100% before it shuts off. The reason I got this was to have a manual charger to use when the new computerized chargers will not touch a battery in a poor state of charge.

Last edited: