Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,721  
I don't buy that much from them but when I call the store and read the item number, they have told me if in stock or not.
It's HF, remember, so the answer might not always be correct. I have never been told wrong.

I've never gone to a store so I wasn't sure if they usually have everything but the internet/ catalog items or if it'll be lacking. I'll probably just stop in and see.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,722  
Does anyone know if the HF site will tell you if a specific store will have a product or not? I'm going to be heading near the NH store and wouldn't mind picking up a few things.

It won't.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,723  
I've never gone to a store so I wasn't sure if they usually have everything but the internet/ catalog items or if it'll be lacking. I'll probably just stop in and see.

The stores don't have the same inventories as the online or catalog offerings. It's best to take an ad or at least an item number with you if you're looking for something specific. It doesn't always make sense to me where stuff is located, but the help can look it up and tell you.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,724  
Too bad they don't offer site to store free shipping.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,725  
You can call a store and they will tell you if they stock an item and if it is in stock.

if asking if something is in stock, make sure they actually check the shelf for the item, not just the computer.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,726  
Just picked up two sets ($5.88 on sale) yesterday of the 'security' bit sets that I am seeing more and more often. You know the allen, square head, etc with the pin in the center that prevents a normal bit from seating.

These things will piss me off but I guess there is a reason. :D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,727  
I actually like the non-folding version of the engine hoists. It has a longer reach and adjustable length legs.

Dave

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,729  
They do. But you have to "order " it in store...

If they were close I probably would but being 3 hours away it's too far. There's also a Greg Smith not too far away.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,730  
Anyone have the "20 ton" press from HF? I was getting a cardiovascular treat bending a bracket back into shape so I could weld some bracing on it and the whole "12 ton" press sort of folded on me. The bottom channel that hold the blocking arbors bowed about 4" and the top of the press holding the jack raised about 2".

I'm not blaming the tool; honest. I think I'm just cranking harder on this little press than it was designed to take. Just curious if anyone thinks the '20 ton' version would hold up better or should I just buy a good bottle jack and weld up my own press? I know I can make a 50 ton press no problem, but no more than I use one, is it worth all my time to build one when I can buy a HF press rated at 20 tons for about $150 after coupon?