Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,871  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,872  
I think the little hondas actually have a micro 4 stroke engine in it, like what is on a 4 stroke weed wacker.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#1,873  
I made a HF run today for their dollar days.

46805 bar clamp for $1 - handy for gluing small stuff
621 Spring loaded center punch for $2 - handy for centering a hole in metal
42100 Hard knee pads for $2 - handy for welding on the floor, etc
67227 square 21 LED light for $3 - really nice with strong magnet and hook with side light. I bought two - one for my tractor tool box.
96542 face shield for $3 - looks a little cheap - supposed to be ANSI certified
65489 magnetic bar holder for tools - these things are really strong and hold a whole row of wrenches on a peg board

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,875  
I bought one of those little two stroke gens and I don't think it is too loud when you consider you're not paying the Honda price. It is definently quiter than the small chinese four stroke.

I found the generator adequate to pull a full sized refrigerator/freezer but that is all. Don't try to run above its' capacity or it will pop the breaker. Additionally I found it to be set too slow. I attached a voltmeter to it with a 100 W lamp as a partial load and found it was only putting out 92 V. I adjusted the voltage/speed screw and it now runs better and puts out 110V.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,876  
I have a whole toolbox full of HF "Cheap" stuff. How can they make it and ship it all the way from Chiwain to here and sell it soo cheap?
Anyway, the regular and framing hammers are a deal at $2.50.
The little torpedo levels w/ the magnets are great for everything metal working to setting fence post,and for less than a buck.
I have used a straightline sander for at least 4 projects and it works nearly as well as the pro models I used in the bodyshop years ago only $200 bucks cheaper.
The DA sander is great after you replace the junk sanding pad it comes with /with a good one from NAPA or some pro paint source.
Also have a 3ton floor jack. Alittle heavy and bulky but so far works good.
Trailer safty chains,2in ball hitch,bearing buddies, wiring kits, linch pins,clips,trailer lights, all have been as good a TSC only cheaper.
The freebie 9led flashlights are the best deals going. We have them in every car ,truck,tractor, saddlebag on the place.
The screwdrivers were also a freebie. Not Snap-ons but good for the price.
I tried a couple of the squeeze clamps in the shop,but they didnt hold up, I wouldnt recommend them.
I have a 2ft folding aluminum stool I used to reach the top of the walls finnishing sheetrock in the house. Very sturdy and a handy piece for under $30 bucks.
I always stock up on the paintbrushes. The chip brushes arent much but the better brushes for under a buck on sale are just as good of better than what Lowes carries. And when your finnished, just throw them away.
The hand tools, so far have been good, the ratchets arent Craftsman but they are ok for keeping in the truck or on the tractor.
The Tarps are a bargin on sale. Also the heavy ratchet tiedowns (2in).
I was going to hardplumb the aircompressor in the shop but the cheap Goodyear rubber airlines ($9 I think) and brass fittings saved me atleast a couple hundred running the airlines.
I know I have bought at least 100 pairs of the dot cotton gloves. Also have a couple pairs of the driving gloves for the bikes. Less than $10 bucks and look good too.
I know theres more but for something you don't depend on everyday, you can't beat it. Why can't we make it in America this cheap?...

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,879  
I've been looking for a benchtop toolbox, like the kind you would put on top of a rolling base. Considering the nice comments regarding HF toolboxes, I'm looking at this one and wonder if anyone owns one and what they think.

Red Roller Cabinet Top Chest

It seems pretty high priced but sales, deals and coupons can knock it down a bunch. Any thoughts?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,880  
I bought the 1.5 watt solar charger 4 years ago for about $13 (they are $19.99 now minus coupon), and it has been working great on keeping the 12V battery charged on my farm gate opener. It has turned pink in the sun and I had to caulk it with silicone, but it keeps on going.

Attachments

• Laser receiver.JPG
    Laser receiver.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 360