Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,911  
SPYDERLK
Thank you. I will look into this further.
Good info.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,912  
Any comments on the ratchet wrenches currently on sale?
I haven't been able to find any previous comments (without going through the whole thread).

I want to add this type of tool to my collection and the price doesn't seem all that bad.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,913  
Just got the new flyer in the mail and it looks like the 6 inch bench vise is back. I think I will hold off after reading here about the body filler chipping off.
I agree with Skyco. I have an older one that does and did have a bit of filler. This is the vice that if I have a small piece that I need to rattle can paint I open the jaws set it across them and paint. This is also the vise I will hold a piece to stick weld, grind, fap disk, wire brush, just anything. This is not a high dollar Wilton, if were I would treat it better. I do have a nice English made Record vice that I use but never abuse. Same with my c clamps, my quality ones never get near the welder but my HF clamps are smoked and spattered. My HF vise has served me well and if it ever fails I will get another one.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,914  
I think I'll take a 2nd look at the 6 inch vise. I remember it having a nice smooth action and double tight downs. I was looking at the one in Sears and it wasn't as good.

I had good experience with the HF bar clamp that can be used as a spreader. It enabled me to fit in a new headlight grill in my old Kubota hood. Some dummy had run into a low fence post with the FEL raised.

Used the new steel dustpan in the shop today. Works best if the plastic lip is taken off the front, leaving a good keen edge. I like it better than the aluminum.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,915  
I ordered the little 4 stroke water pump today. We'll see how well it works but I was in need of a small pump a couple of times and for just over $100 with the discounts I thought I would try it.
image_10712.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,916  
I ordered the little 4 stroke water pump today. We'll see how well it works but I was in need of a small pump a couple of times and for just over $100 with the discounts I thought I would try it.
image_10712.jpg

Would really like feedback on this unit. What kind of lift do you need from it ?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,917  
I think I'll take a 2nd look at the 6 inch vise. I remember it having a nice smooth action and double tight downs. I was looking at the one in Sears and it wasn't as good.

If not mistaken I believe most of Sears vices are made across the pond. I think the casting process in Asia has gotten much better in the past few years. If I look at a name brand tool and it is made in Asia I will buy from HF for cheaper and figure the quality is close enough

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,918  
Would really like feedback on this unit. What kind of lift do you need from it ?

I want to be able to put the pickup in a stream and fill a 250 gallon water tank. So maybe 15 to 20 feet of lift at most. The specs say total lift of 105 ft but they also say it weighs 1.00 lbs. The manual is on-line and in it there's a graph showing lift vs expected gpm.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,919  
These engines are Honda GX knock offs. Honda GC's have overhead cam design, with timing belt and the crankshaft is supported by bushings. Gx's are the top $$ honda engine with crank shaft bearing, overhead cam design, no timing belt but timing gear and cast iron cylinder sleeve. Really good design and construction. Most of the the carbs are actually Japanese and jets are interchangeable with my Honda engine mower. I just don't know how they can offer it so cheap, I'm sure on the back of workers that get next to nothing. I do have one of those engines on a small HF generator and so far has done well. I have front tine tiller that has a Briggs engine .. probably on it's last leg. when It dies I'll try one of their horizontal engine to see how it works.

JC,

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,920  
I have a Honda string trimmer with a 35cc 4 stroke on it and it runs great. I'm not sure if the pump has a Honda knock off or not but I'm hoping that it runs as smoothly and quietly as the Honda.