Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,941  
Saw this at HF today. :)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,943  
I'm beginning to wonder if I have "SUCKER" written in invisible ink on my forehead for going back after all the one shot wonders I've gotten there. ;)

I think they have special versions of all their tools they hold back until they see you coming:laughing:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,944  
Saw this at HF today. :)

LOL! Good one!

Now I shall start a story....Harbor Freight is like a box of chocolates.... :D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,945  
LOL! Good one!

Now I shall start a story....Harbor Freight is like a box of chocolates.... :D

Correction..... Chines chocolates. :laughing: They eat some very different things than we do. I can only imagine what's under the chocolate.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,946  
Correction..... Chines chocolates. :laughing: They eat some very different things than we do. I can only imagine what's under the chocolate.

Locusts, grubs... maybe grass.

car body filler? pot metal? lead paint??

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,948  
So my water pump came yesterday. Tonight I had a few minutes to play with it.

image_10712.jpg

The engine starts and runs fine and it weighs about 25 lbs or so. To use the pump you need to prime it. On the top of the pump is a cap you remove to fill it with water. Filling it with water is not as easy as it seams. Once the water gets to the level of the intake pipe water wants to run down it. The pipe I was using for suction didn't seal perfectly so I had some difficulties that added to the problem. I think a simple check valve at the strainer on the suction pipe would solve the problem (but I'll experiment further tomorrow).

I was pumping water from the pool and back into the pool. I had the pump in the back of my side by side so the pump didn't need to lift the water very high. Once I got it primed it moved plenty of water. The output pipe I was using was 1 1/2" and if pointing straight up water would easy go 2 to 3 feet up after leaving the pipe. I wasn't able to block the water coming out of the pipe, each attempt just left me wet. The directions say not to run the pump at full throttle for the first 3 hours so I was running about half throttle.

There's two caps, one for filling the pump with water and another to drain it. The fill cap leaked a little and with the pump running. I was able to just about stop the water from coming out by tightening the cap as much as I dared to. After I was done I took a closer look and there was a casting imperfection that I using a chisel I was able to easily remove, hopefully that will solve the problem. If not having a very small water lea while running isn't that big of a deal.

Tomorrow I'll sort out the suction pipe and maybe even get a check valve.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,949  
I'm thinking of using the little HF 40x48 inch trailer to carry a 275 gallon IBC Tote. (40x48 inches, x 46" tall). I just bought the trailer off Craigslist, $30.

Loaded weight would be twice the trailer's rated capacity. For watering new trees in the orchard a few times a year I don't need a highway quality safety margin.

I don't expect to ever license it. (Especially if I abuse it like that. :D)

Has anyone done this?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,950  
I'm thinking of using the little HF 40x48 inch trailer to carry a 275 gallon IBC Tote. (40x48 inches, x 46" tall). I just bought the trailer off Craigslist, $30.

Loaded weight would be twice the trailer's rated capacity. For watering new trees in the orchard a few times a year I don't need a highway quality safety margin.

I don't expect to ever license it. (Especially if I abuse it like that. :D)

Has anyone done this?

I don't think those little trailers are built with much of a margin. That's over 1 1/2 tons of water. You may be disappointed with the results.