Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,961  
I'm thinking of using the little HF 40x48 inch trailer to carry a 275 gallon IBC Tote.
I did exactly what you are talking about ... But, completely rebuilt the trailer. The only things original are the hitch, springs, shackles and wheels. :D

If you have a welder, just beef up the frame with some angle iron.
I'm surprised the springs are sufficient. Weldingisfun, did you replace the axle because it failed?

Deereman75 - Yes. I was going to weld all the joints because these are a bolt-together kit trailer. Plus it could probably use some diagonal bracing, especially from the shackle area to the drawbar. If the IBC tank's frame rests on the trailer's shackles, does the rest of the trailer frame need to be stiffened?

This is good to hear that others have done what I am considering.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,962  
I have a similar pump I bought at Harbor Freight maybe 5 years ago, made by Robin. It has a rubber flap/check valve in the intake port to prevent the backflow when priming or when shutting down, the loss of prime. Wonder if yours is missing or they screwed up the design?

The problem was it would pump the water out of the pump before it would suck water up the suction hose. Of course I never tried it after fixing the small air leaks. The check valve I added works nice. It's brass so it has some weight to it. I mounted it and the strainer to the center of a plastic milk crate to keep it from sucking up sand. The check valve is enough weight to keep it on the bottom.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,964  
I have had good success with HF's electronic fly swatter - the yellow one that sells for $3. Flies get in the house this time of year no matter what, especially since the dog has figured out how to work the sliding screen door.

It doesn't work too well at swatting flies - too heavy, but it's great for catching them on the window or screen. Just quickly put the swatter over the fly and after a couple little sparks the fly drops.

Bad luck on the 6 inch bench vise. It was in my mail flyer, but not in the stack of flyers at the store yesterday, nor on the display table at the back. Asked a clerk and just got the deer in headlights look. I am concerned about Dargo's experience of it being pot metal.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,965  
Now that I have my driving permit, I've been going to HF every couple of days...:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,966  
I bought the magnesium coil roofing nailer last year for a project I've just now gotten around to. Nailer works quite well but I can't find it on their website so I don't know if they dropped it or it's only in stores.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,968  
Bullbreaker, that's not the same one. It must be they redesigned it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,969  
I'm surprised the springs are sufficient. Weldingisfun, did you replace the axle because it failed?

No, the axle did not fail but it would have. The original axle was sheathed within a piece of 2 1/2X2 1/2X1/4 inch square tubing. The spindles are original.

The springs, surprisingly, have not compressed or failed. When they do they will be replaced with heavier springs.

The trailer is pulled only a short distance, 600-700 yards from the well house to the goat pens. A pump is then connected to the tank to fill troughs. Then back and forth to and from the well house. About every 4-5 days. It is holding up well.

All of the original frame and tongue was replaced with 2X2X1/4 inch angle and 2X2X1'4 inch square tubing.

Hope this gives you a better idea.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,970  
Does HF have a decent drill press that will drill up to half inch steel ? Decent price? Garage use at home, not for a buisness.Thanks.