Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,981  
I have one of these drill presses Floor Drill Press - 12 Speed. it works very well. No issues.

At work I purchased a Rockwell drill press for $2,400 only to find out it was the same drill press I bought for my self from HF for $400 but with a different motor and rebadged.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,982  
California

"Do you have one?" No, not yet, I am going to pick one up!

I have a floor model drill press, a Craftsman, that I use for wood and steel but I have a problem with that. When I drill steel I use an oil for lubricating the drill bit. Oil does not go so good with wood working projects. With 12 speeds it should not have a problem drilling 1/2" steel with a lower speed and a sharp drill bit.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,983  
I have a Delta drill press that is about 10 years old. It's not nearly big enough for the stuff I do with it now. I need something with slower speeds and more power. I'm eager to see some reviews on these HF Drill presses.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,984  
Got a couple of timely deals at HF last week. My wife's book club is coming out to our property and a number of them want to do some plinking with 22s. Needed a bunch of eye and ear protection. Bought a bunch using the coupons. Western Safety brand safety glasses at 79 cents a piece, and industrial ear muffs at $1.49. Cheap enough to be disposable, but good enough quality to keep around for extended use. I've used them for chainsaw work and at the gun range in the past, and find them to be really comfortable.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,985  
Save your money for the drill press, and get a very old delta. My dad has a 1942 delta drill press, and it is better then most new powermatic drill presses.
I took your advice and looked on Craigslist. The good news is there are several of these old Delta drill presses listed. The bad news is asking prices for them are all $250 and up, way up. :(

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,986  
I took your advice and looked on Craigslist. The good news is there are several of these old Delta drill presses listed. The bad news is asking prices for them are all $250 and up, way up. :(

If it is a rockwell era, or pre rockwell era, $250 is a good price. Ours is still just as good as (if not better than) a brand new, $1000 drill press. I would highly recomend getting one of the old ones, the HF one will last at least a few years, the delta will last at least a few life times.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,987  
Thanks guys for the help and opinions. Looks like I need to take a 65 mile ride to H.f. and look them over. And I will look at craigs list,I have never been on it. Thanks again.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,988  
Johnbro:
Is this it ?
11 Gauge Coil Roofing Nailer

Boone

No, I'll try to remember to get the item nbr off it tonight and see if it's listed. It's a good nailer, though. Now if I only knew what to do with the nailer and the 7000 leftover 1 1/2" nails I have with no 3-tab projects on the horizon (switching to metal roofing from here on out).

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,989  
No, I'll try to remember to get the item nbr off it tonight and see if it's listed. It's a good nailer, though. Now if I only knew what to do with the nailer and the 7000 leftover 1 1/2" nails I have with no 3-tab projects on the horizon (switching to metal roofing from here on out).

put it on craigs list?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #1,990  
I got this in my e-mail today. If you're going to the store print this out and if your spending more than $100 you'll get 20% off your entire purchase.
Display