Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,031  
Hope this is okay....

If you have a Cabelas Visa, there is a link on the Cabelas Visa site that allows you to shop HF and get bonus points on your Cabelas card.

I'm working hard on my Cabelas black (preferred member) card $20K in purchases annually. 4% in cash back bonus points.

I never shop Cabelas because their prices are too high but with bonus points, I get stuff (guns) for zip.:D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,032  
Also ive found the web site itself has been having 20 percent off, they say its the last day but its been the ''last day'' now for over a month plus lol So dont feel rushed to use the coupon..

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,033  
If you buy on-line they e-mail you plenty of coupons. Often if something is on sale you can still used the 20% coupon.

That has been my experience. You can't stack coupons, but you can get 20% off of sale prices. Another trick is to ask the store to price match web prices. then, they will often give you the 20% off the web price if you ask. I think that one depends on the guy or gal at the register.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#2,034  
Just a reminder with respect to coupons, you can see the latest email coupons by checking the first and last page of this ongoing thread at Slick Deals.

Occasionally someone scans in magazine coupons, too. HF seems to have no problem with duplicated coupons.

Harbor Freight Coupon Thread - Slickdeals.net

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,035  
I'm puzzled when HF emails me coupons that say they can't be duplicated:laughing:
I have actually shown them coupons on my smartphone before and they took them, wouldn't want to be accused of duplicating any you know:p

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,036  
it looks like I'll be driving by a HF store on the 10th It looks like all the coupons end either the end of the month or on the 9th. So hopefully the next set of coupons will be out soon.

Does anyone know how long items on sale stay on sale? I was thinking of picking up a needle scaler. The small one is pretty cheap but now they have the large one for under $50 on sale.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,037  
...Does anyone know how long items on sale stay on sale?

Forever unless things have changed. I've always been able to get the sale price by showing an old catalog or an old printout from the website. This only works for actual sale prices... not for super coupons.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#2,038  
I bought this LED work light a while ago, but gave it a test today when I was fixing my dishwasher. This thing lit up the underside of the appliance like daylight. The magnet on the back is quite strong and the square shape allows you to position it better than a flashlight, which usually rolls out of place. It goes on sale for $3 occasionally.

27 LED Portable Worklight/Flashlight

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,039  
Has anyone tried using one of the "inside track club" coupons even though they weren't in the inside track? I'm thinking of picking up a cheap needle scaler and this month they have the large one for about half price for ITC members.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,040  
We picked up the $30 work light with the tube, not LED on sale for $20 on Wednesday and came home and greased the MH and changed out the fuel filter to beat the heat of the day. Handle gets hot but OK. The lighting was better than expected and the magnet feature was awesome working under the steel chassis. It works as a 20' extension cord as well.

For $9 I got that four pack of foam floor tiles for in front of work benches but I used all four together for knee pads when dropping down to the ground.

That 2' set of straight/philips set of huge screw drivers get used more than I expected.