Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,092  
I know what you mean California. A hard job made easier when you have the right tool. I guess you could say the same about that YM240 of yours also lol.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,093  
The radiator hose pick does work well. Another thing I bought from HF that can be priceless in a tight spot- 3 Piece Long Reach Hose Grip Pliers just thing for getting that stubborn hose off in that hard to get to spot.

I'm sure many of you have found the way to get a hose off is to grab it, between the bulge in the fitting and the end of the hose. These make it easy to push the hose off rather than try to pull it off, which just tightens its grip.

Attachments

• image_17231.jpg
    image_17231.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 186
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,094  
I just used the thing for what it's made for. Last time I changed radiator and heater hoses things didn't go as easy as I thought it would. This broke the tight seal and they slipped right off. For a few bucks the thing came in handy.

Thanks,1401rider.:thumbsup: Guess that goes to prove that I don't have to change out radiator hoses very often.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,095  
Thanks,1401rider.:thumbsup: Guess that goes to prove that I don't have to change out radiator hoses very often.

I didn't either but glad to have when I had to get my sprayer hoses apart. It save the ends of the hoses so I could re-use. Learned afterwards to spray WD40 into the hose end before assembly and it is way easier to get apart later.
Also used the hose tool to get an o-ring out of something.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,096  
Based on the fine reviews here I went out today and got one of these welding carts.

MIG - Flux Welding Cart & Other Welding Carts

It is every bit as good as comments noted but it does seem to have a better quality wheels than earlier models have had. It was wrapped and packaged beautifully and the fit and finish was exact. The instructions were OK but had some translation issues so I just looked at the picture on the box. Took 30 minutes to assemble and that included the 10 minutes I spent trying to read the instructions.
It was $49 but with a 20% off coupon $40 and was as good as a Lincoln for 1/3 the price and probably equal quality. And I got a free flashlight.
It's an odd blue color so one thing I could have done before I assembled it would been to have painted it Lincoln Red. It would have fooled most everyone.
For $40 my Lincold SP 170 MIG will be very happy.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,097  
...The instructions were OK but had some translation issues so I just looked at the picture on the box. Took 30 minutes to assemble and that included the 10 minutes I spent trying to read the instructions...

This site may help you appreciate the translations a little better...

Engrish.com

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,098  
I just bought 20% off on a portable power supply from Harbor Freight...only $35.00...it is for jump starting cars and has a power outlet...like a cigarette lighter...

Here is my question if anyone knows...I want to use it to power my 15 gallon 12v spray rig...but my sprayer has jumper cables for connecting to a 12v battery...so I can't use the power outlet.../ cigarette lighter...So is there an adapter that I could attach the jumper cables to and then a male connector that would go in the power outlet or do you think I could just attach the sprayer jumpers to the power supply jumpers...???Thanks

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#2,099  
I just bought 20% off on a portable power supply from Harbor Freight...only $35.00...it is for jump starting cars and has a power outlet...like a cigarette lighter...

Here is my question if anyone knows...I want to use it to power my 15 gallon 12v spray rig...but my sprayer has jumper cables for connecting to a 12v battery...so I can't use the power outlet.../ cigarette lighter...So is there an adapter that I could attach the jumper cables to and then a male connector that would go in the power outlet or do you think I could just attach the sprayer jumpers to the power supply jumpers...???Thanks

You can buy a plug end to fit into a cigarette lighter socket which you could then wire in place of the jumper clamps. If you deep cycle this jumper pack, the battery won't last long.

Amazon.com: Roadpro 12V Fused Replacement Cigarette Lighter Plug with Leads: Automotive

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,100  
I would just clip the sprayer's clips on to the powerpack's battery clamps, and insulate one side securely by wrapping it with a scrap of tarp or something.

How much amperage does the sprayer draw? If it will use up say 1/3 of the battery's AH capacity each session where you use it, then I would add some wires to your tractor's 12v system so it trickle-charges continually while it is in use spraying.

I bought their larger size powerpack that they sold for a while. It works great as portable power for several projects. See winch photo below.

I also bought a small inverter that plugs into its cigarette lighter plug. This can power my DSL modem and wifi hub, and allow recharging my laptop, if the power is down but phone service still works. (Which is what usually happens).

180787d1285980707-harbor-freight-tools-dont-suck-p1620619rwinch-trailertilted.jpg