Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,111  
Yes here is the same helmit
Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet w/ Blue Flame

I think that coupon is from the paper circular . And like me here Id have to go to my "local"" store with it.
Mind you my local store is 1 and 1/2 hour one way .(going speed limit).
No idea why they el;imimnate alot of their mail order people like me in this manor Ive been a mail customer for years, Now the only flyers I get are the paper ones .So unless its a HUGE purchase its sure not worth it to do the drive...
Marketing .. gotta love it..
Speaking of marketing. look at this
12 Volt Magnetic LED Towing Light Kit
Now I bought the 'regular' bulbed one for 12 domethign dollars. Here they have the LED for 17 some dollars and the 'regular' bulbed ones are 24 some dollars lol

Have you tried phone orders? Sometimes you can get the phone salesperson to honor the "local" store prices. You'll likley have to have the circular handy with the issue number of the circular. Or if you're referencing a web price you may need to have the page up with some kind of information from the web page to verify.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,112  
Hi, and please accept my apologies-- I didn't click the attachment links I posted to see that the UPC's were absent.

The coupons are NOT from an ad paper, they're from the Email sale sheet I just got yesterday. If you look, you'll see that the prices are lower than the paper ad prices. E.g., the 27-LED flash is $2.49 vs the 3.99 "regular sale price".

Here are the URL's to the whole coupons:

For the picks:
Coupon Display

For the 27-LED flash:
Coupon Display

For the welding helmet:
Coupon Display

I tried to attach the pictures with UPC's here, but what I didn't notice at first is that when I go to the "print coupon" page the coupon is actually composed of 3 image files. Anyway, I copied each of the whole coupons to Word and attached it here.

I think that's got it covered both ways now.

Again, my apologies for not checking my links...

Thomas

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,113  
Also- if look at the top of the ad page "Travelover" posted - The coupons are for both in-store and online sales.

Since their shipping fees [except for heavy items like the QH] are by price point and not by weight, it might be not be too un-reasonable, that way you're trading shipping costs for sales tax.

FWIT,
T

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,114  
Have you tried phone orders? Sometimes you can get the phone salesperson to honor the "local" store prices. You'll likley have to have the circular handy with the issue number of the circular. Or if you're referencing a web price you may need to have the page up with some kind of information from the web page to verify.

Well on the sale flyer it says I need to go to the store to honor the 20 percent off coupon . and also to verifie i exist to continue to receive the flyers themselves.
So in order to continue on the mail order list they want me to drive 1 1/2 hours to the store and then verify it and then drive back home 1 1/2 hours. Seems crazy to me. Ill just not be gettignt he paper flyers I guess, customer lost.They dont seem to have to think about people not living in the citys..

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,115  
Well on the sale flyer it says I need to go to the store to honor the 20 percent off coupon . and also to verifie i exist to continue to receive the flyers themselves.
So in order to continue on the mail order list they want me to drive 1 1/2 hours to the store and then verify it and then drive back home 1 1/2 hours. Seems crazy to me. Ill just not be gettignt he paper flyers I guess, customer lost.They dont seem to have to think about people not living in the citys..

I'm pretty sure you'll still get the flyers.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,116  
27 LED Portable Worklight/Flashlight

Above is the link to the 27 LED worklight-flashlight but it has a $3.99 "sale" price. With 20% off it's OK but with the good comments I'd like to get a couple. Sometimes you need just a little extra light and this looks like a good idea. Thanks for posting it.
Anyone got the coupon with the bar code?

PS here---I don't think 27 is the right number of LED lights. For chuckles I counted them and 27 doesn't look correct. Only the right thing from HF

Yes it has 27..I own about 10 of those lights now, have a number of vehicles to leave them on plus gonna give one each to my 2 sons and my dad.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,117  
If you're going to a HF store this month then here's a flier with a 20% off everything if you spend $100 or more.

20% off your entire purchase

If your shopping on line you can try the discount codes "HFT20" or "TOOL20" to get 20% off one item.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,118  
just a warning that most lead acid batteries don't like it when they are fully discharged, then recharged multiple times.
Depends a lot on the battery. Is this thing an engine starting battery or a marine deep cycle battery? It doesn't seem to say anything about the battery on the web site. I do agree though that marine or starter, you really don't want to pull it down to nothing.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,119  
Depends a lot on the battery. Is this thing an engine starting battery or a marine deep cycle battery? It doesn't seem to say anything about the battery on the web site.
I opened mine. It looks to be the same battery used in PC Uninterruptable Power Supplies. Lead-acid, unspillable; unvented so far as I could see. Examples at Fry's Electronics.

HF's present jump-start battery units are 17AH. I bought one of their 24AH versions back when they had those. Same except it has a bulged back cover for the larger battery.

This type battery lasts forever! I took a 10AH battery like that from an old salvage UPS and put it in a camping fluorescent light (did four of them actually) and found they would run all summer, maybe 20 evenings use, on a pre summer charge then a mid season charge when voltage fell below 12.3v. I don't know how long they were in the UPS before it was scrapped but I've had these lanterns 15-20 years and they still work fine. Apparently this type battery self-discharges far slower than an automotive battery - I don't think I charge the lanterns even annually when they haven't been used.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#2,120  
Depends a lot on the battery. Is this thing an engine starting battery or a marine deep cycle battery? It doesn't seem to say anything about the battery on the web site. I do agree though that marine or starter, you really don't want to pull it down to nothing.

That is true - jumper packs use gel batteries so the acid doesn't spill when you toss them in your trunk. I'm not aware that gel batteries are designed for deep discharge cycles, but if someone is more knowledgeable on this, jump in.