Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,121  
I'm not aware that gel batteries are designed for deep discharge cycles, but if someone is more knowledgeable on this, jump in.
I don't claim 'more knowledgeable' (and I've proven that on here a few times :D) but it seems to me a battery intended for an Uninterruptible Power Supply supporting a PC will be drawn way down before it is recharged. Wouldn't that be the same use profile as a solar panel system? What do those use?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#2,122  
I don't claim 'more knowledgeable' (and I've proven that on here a few times :D) but it seems to me a battery intended for an Uninterruptible Power Supply supporting a PC will be drawn way down before it is recharged. Wouldn't that be the same use profile as a solar panel system? What do those use?
Dunno, but I'd think that a UPS would only occasionally get fully discharged, as opposed to an electric trolling motor battery, for instance. The solar systems that I've seen (admittedly a long time ago) used special glass wet cell lead acid batteries.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,123  
Just got back from HF, they had these tarps on sale for $3.49 with a coupon available in a flyer at the store. When you cover loads of tree branches and such for highway travel, tarps tend to get holed up fairly easy; now I have a few extras for my tarp drawer in the shop file cabinet.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,125  
The tarps make surprisingly good gifts. I gave a new one to SIL to carry something dirty in the back of her SUV and she's till raving about it. She has no idea that items like c-clamps and tarps are available locally. Probably because she doesn't see them at Target. :)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,126  
... She has no idea that items like c-clamps and tarps are available locally. Probably because she doesn't see them at Target. :)

Oh Man!!! I am laughing so hard at that comment. I know people that are like that.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,127  
I just got the 5 gallon pail pump, getting ready to change out my hydro/trans oil and think it will be helpful in the refilling process.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,128  
The tarps are a good example of getting what you pay for. The more expensive gray ones hold up much better in UV exposure than the blue or green ones.
I have never thought of them as gifts. My wife has a birthday coming up and this might work.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,129  
Lee,
When you get the tarp for your wife's birthday gift, it might be a good idea to look at the hardhats and get one for yourself.

Norm

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,130  
The tarps make surprisingly good gifts. I gave a new one to SIL to carry something dirty in the back of her SUV and she's till raving about it. She has no idea that items like c-clamps and tarps are available locally. Probably because she doesn't see them at Target. :)

Oh Man!!! I am laughing so hard at that comment. I know people that are like that.

Funny- I went in Target last week for the first time in several years....hardly saw a guy in there anywhere, and the few I did see didn't look like tractor guys:p