Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,161  
Tried a search to no avail.
Has anyone bought and used a metal brake from HF and was it worth anything?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,162  
I purchased this one
40" Metal Bending Brake
maybe 5 years ago. I think it was alot cheaper back then.
It sems to work very well, the only problem I had was one of the handles was lost in shipment.The boxing material wasnt too good. I placed a claim with UPS ,which I was issued a claim number and I checked the status online weekly for over five months with no results then when I contacted them (UPS) they said they dont have a record of the number:laughing: Even though I supplied several e-mails from them..:confused::confused::confused2:
I ended up making a handle from a bolt and grinding it etc.
bottom line? Yes Im very Happy with the break... Not so with UPS.
Oh Be sure to keep it oiled. it tends to attract rust.(like any other metal tool)
I guess I shouldnt complain about the shipping ack then it was free and also had a 5 dollar off coupon.. (those days are well gone now)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,163  
UPS usually does nothing if the claim is filed by the recipient. To get action it MUST be filed by the shipper...been down that road twice lately.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,164  

Be sure to keep it oiled. it tends to attract rust.(like any other metal tool)...

Anyone else notice that Harbor Freight things--or Chinese stuff in general--seems to rust way more and faster than the old American steel or cast did?
My shop gets damp in the spring and I cover tools with covers or a tarp and oil a little. Old Rockwell or American tools that get exposed is no big deal with rust. The Chinese stuff is virtually covered with rust.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,165  
I have noticed that. I have some 100 year old american tools, with not a speck of rust on them, and some 4 year old princess auto tools, with a lot of rust. (I think that is why they come from the factroy coated in that red grease)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,166  
Here's one for HF tools that don't suck, but the photo does. Do you see anything wrong in this photo of 1/2" teflon thread sealing tape?

image_17396.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,167  
Here's one for HF tools that don't suck, but the photo does. Do you see anything wrong in this photo of 1/2" teflon thread sealing tape?
They are winding it on in the wrong direction?

Aaron Z

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,169  
any one have the story on the new black [90A Flux Core Welder]?
Update: jackwelder over on Welding Web reported back. He posted some great pictures of the insides.

Late edit to this post; new info: Jackwelder measured a quarter volt DC the first time; then 2 volts DC the second time. Around 22 volts AC.

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,170  
how does one abuse and air hose?

Step on it. Kink it. Drag it through the mud and dirt. Drive over it. Set it too close to a heater. Stretch it to reach that one last tire in the rear on the driver's side. Expose it to grease, gasoline, solvents, or paint.

Give me time. I'll think of other ways.