Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,181  
I found something at HF that I had been looking for everywhere - a mesh / bristle scraper for muddy boots. And less than $5 with the coupon. Got it secured by the back door where we come in from the barn. Does a good job.

Attachments

• footscraper.jpg
    footscraper.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 162
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,182  
Did they try to sell you the extended warranty on that boot scraper?:laughing:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,183  
No, but I got a free set of screwdrivers with my coupon. Worth more than the foot scraper.

I'm starting to get picky about my free gifts. I got enough flashlights, voltmeters, and scissors around that I give them away to friends. When the guy was handing me my free screwdrivers, I asked him if I could trade for a set of motorcycle rubber bungees that were on display by the register, but he said it wasn't allowed.

I'm taking a real hard look at the solid oak workbench for $120 (w coupon). The store display looks pretty decent, and I don't think I could build one for that cost.

Attachments

• Herman lottery.gif
    Herman lottery.gif
    136.8 KB · Views: 232
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,184  
Been looking at Chicago Electric 1300 Lb. Capacity Electric Hoist at HF. Any comments , suggestions ? I need to lift 400 to 600 lb boats maybe 10 times a year. :D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#2,185  
Been looking at Chicago Electric 1300 Lb. Capacity Electric Hoist at HF. Any comments , suggestions ? I need to lift 400 to 600 lb boats maybe 10 times a year. :D

I have the little brother 880# version and it works great. The only problem is that you have to do a straight up lift or it contacts a safety switch bracket surrounding the cable and that shuts it off. Mine came with a snatch block and it helps to slow things down a bit if I need to maneuver something as I lift it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,186  
This works great at 6.99,and saves me from getting yelled at by the little woman.

Attachments

• image-64050098.png
    image-64050098.png
    905.2 KB · Views: 190
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,188  
NOOOO!!!! HF outsourced their customer service to India! :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

After 30?? years of excellent service I finally for the FIRST TIME, just got CRAPPY, IGNORANT answers from Customer Service.

HF has a new store in Fairfield, Northern California. (On I-80 close to Travis AFB). It's so new that Google doesn't show a phone # for it. Fine, I phoned HF Customer Service. After MANY repeated spellings of 'Fairfield' the kid had no idea what I was talking about - even after I told him to look on Google so he could see what I saw. I gave him the zip code, even the store #, he resisted this 'unapproved' ?? description of their store and said what I saw on Google didn't exist. I've been in the store several times; he didn't believe me. I hung up on him.

So I called 'place an order' #, got a huge blast of too-loud something, they (India again) weren't authorized to look up a store phone #; transferred me to another huge blast of ear-shattering racket then another Customer Service rep in India. This guy was helpful and polite but he said that store was so new (4 months?) that its phone # isn't yet available internally to HF employees. He said he would put in a request that the number be added to their website.

Whahappened? The Camarillo employees were always excellent. This is a big step down.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#2,189  
NOOOO!!!! HF outsourced their customer service to India! :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

This is outrageous. The next thing you know they will start selling products made in China. :laughing: