Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,301  
Anybody purchase or own a Chicago Electric Welding Systems, Portable Torch Kit with Oxygen and Acetylene Tanks for use heating frozen nuts and bolts and very minor welding repairs and fabrication around the farm and have comments they would like to share. I can get the tanks filled at Tractor Supply. Any problem with this welder?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,302  
On the subject of knife sharpening and HF tools, I've wanted to get the HF belt sander and use finer grit belts for knife sharpening... Belt Sander with 1'' X 30'' Sanding Belt
I've been told that these belt sanders make great sharpeners. Any experience?

Here's the 400 grit belt... [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Magnate-R1X30S40-Closed-Sanding-Aluminum/dp/B0009K3KKS/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1323899069&sr=8-9[/ame]

Here's an 800 grit... [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Magnate-R1X30S80-Closed-Sanding-Aluminum/dp/B004I8UDJ8/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1323899140&sr=8-11[/ame]

You can even get a leather strop... http://www.amazon.com/30-SURGI-SHARP®-Leather-Belt/dp/B000R6X9K0/ref=pd_sim_hi_5

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,303  
I have a similar one I bought at true value and I have sharpened really rough blades on it and knives it works fine. They make a polishing belt and I suppose a person could get fancy and make a knife look nice and shiny too.

I find the edge is so sharp its not very durable when they are done like these will make an edge but they are sharp!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,304  
On the subject of knife sharpening and HF tools, I've wanted to get the HF belt sander and use finer grit belts for knife sharpening... Belt Sander with 1'' X 30'' Sanding Belt
I've been told that these belt sanders make great sharpeners. Any experience?

I have one and used it to sharpen my lathe tools for a while. I wouldn't attempt to use it to sharpen knives, but it may work.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,305  
Any experiences of their (gas powered) generators ?

I would LIKE a Honda 2000is - inverter generator, but the price is pretty high and seems to be "Controlled".
Even if I could get 10 or 15% off MSRP, it is still HIGH !

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,307  
I bought their 10" tile saw for a paver project. It worked beautifully, and was the price of a few days' rental. Plus I have it for other projects. My project involved a number of cuts on high-quality, very hard pavers. I was able to shave a 1/16" off of a paver if I had to.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,308  
Popular Hot Rodding's review of the Harbor Freight 5 drawer tool service cart.

Tool Cart | Tech Blog & Discussion at Popular Hot Rodding Magazine

Anybody have one?

Don

I have one and agree it is a very good value. It did take me a couple of hours to assemble the cart. A helper would have made a big difference, but I managed by myself.

I also have their 13 drawer roll-around cabinet (the red one) and think it was an even better value. I did buy it two or three years ago when it was even cheaper than today. It came almost completely assembled.

Both are very sturdy, roll easily, and the drawer slides are excellent.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,309  
Any experiences of their (gas powered) generators ?

I would LIKE a Honda 2000is - inverter generator, but the price is pretty high and seems to be "Controlled".
Even if I could get 10 or 15% off MSRP, it is still HIGH !

Don't have one of there generators but I purchased one of there blank engines 212CC (like 6.5 HP) and put it on my wood splitter when the B&S just plain wore out and it is really nice. As a matter of fact if you put it and a new B&S and or a honda side by each I don't know if you could tell the difference.