Page 234 of 431 FirstFirst ... 134184224231232233234235236237244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 4310

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

Quote Originally Posted by Iplayfarmer View Post
    Did I understand this correctly that you are waiting for Harbor Freight to come up with a tool that is Milwaukee quality?
    Well Milwaukee is owned by a Chinese company.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Tractor
    1946 cockshutt 60

Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    Well Milwaukee is owned by a Chinese company.
    If harbor freight ever sold a half inch drill as good and long lasting as my milwaukee half inch magnum, I would eat my pair of steel toed boots.
    Never carry gasoline in your car trunk. If you do, atleast use some sort of container.
    -red green

While they mostly sell their brand stuff they do have some other good brands like GoodYear and ShelterLogic. While I don't think they will ever sell Milwaukee it could happen. Also there's always (slim) chance that Milwaukee could make a line of cordless tools that HF could sell under one of it's house brands like Sears Kemore brand.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Tractor
    Kubota L295DT

You guys are right. It's not realistic to expect a true Milwaukee grade of tool from HF. Just like HF's 'multipurpose' tool doesn't match the original Fein, even though it works.

I got the Fein before their patents expired and everyone got in on the act. Spendy, but beautifully made. The HF version has a lot more selection of blades, so I made an adaptor for them to fit on the Fein. HF's blades are pretty decent.
    It's always about food.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    2007 kioti ck 25/130 loader and D-17 allis-Chalmers

Has anyone used the central hyd. #2792 hydraulic motorcycle/atv jack? It is rated at 1500 lb. lifting capacity.Seems similer to the tractor supply/rural king jacks for 120.00. The HF price is about half that with a coupon. Rural kings is a Larin brand. Thanks,Earl jr.

Tractor
    Jinma 224

LeeinMt, you might try multiblade.com. I use these exclusively now. I read about them on a wood worker forum. They are much better quality then most others I have tried and seem to be a very good value. They have them to fit just about every style of multipurpose tool.
    combopacksboschchicagodremel
    Dave
    Jinma 224, Grassopper 720 ZTR, 2 Kawasaki Bayou's

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2320

It has been so long since I read this thread I have no idea if my item has been reviewed or not - and im going going back to reread 78 pages of posts..

I bought their rope chain saw for trimmer limbs and it works better than I hoped.. I have an extension pole saw that will work you to death, but this little saw chain on a rope cut thru 5" limbs with ease..

Long Reach Rope Chain Saw

the biggest issue I had was that the teeth are only on one side and no matter how I hooked up the chain it would twist the wrong way the first time.. But I would just reconnect it and it would twist correctly MOST of the time.. I also had to hook a nut to the end of the road so you could get it over higher up limbs..

for $17 (less 20% coupon) it works for the half dozen or so branches I needed trimmed..

Brian
    Bedford, VA
    2320 w/ 62D MMM, 200CX FEL, Pats EZ Change, LX4 Cutter
    Co-owner (with my father) of John Deere 790, 30 HP, 4x4, 513 cutter, 70 FEL
    2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

Elite Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 2320

OK.. im a dumb@$$ - it came with this little piece of twisted metal that I thought was the weight to throw it across the limb.. I looked on the website and it is actually used to make the blade turn the correct way as you pull it up and over the limb..

Also - the nylon cord that comes with it is horribly slick - I think some 550 cord will need to be used to replace it..

b

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    It has been so long since I read this thread I have no idea if my item has been reviewed or not - and im going going back to reread 78 pages of posts..

I bought their rope chain saw for trimmer limbs and it works better than I hoped.. I have an extension pole saw that will work you to death, but this little saw chain on a rope cut thru 5" limbs with ease..

the biggest issue I had was that the teeth are only on one side and no matter how I hooked up the chain it would twist the wrong way the first time.. But I would just reconnect it and it would twist correctly MOST of the time.. I also had to hook a nut to the end of the road so you could get it over higher up limbs..

for $17 (less 20% coupon) it works for the half dozen or so branches I needed trimmed..

Brian
    Bedford, VA
    2320 w/ 62D MMM, 200CX FEL, Pats EZ Change, LX4 Cutter
    Co-owner (with my father) of John Deere 790, 30 HP, 4x4, 513 cutter, 70 FEL
    2012 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

I got their waterproof insulated work gloves today...they are great! Nice and warm...
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post

Brian
    I cut a few fairly good size (6") branches with mine, then the rivets in the chain started breaking. I guess I got my money's worth, but barely.

It sure gives you a workout.

Page 234 of 431 FirstFirst ... 134184224231232233234235236237244284334 ... LastLast