Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,341  
I cut a few fairly good size (6") branches with mine, then the rivets in the chain started breaking. I guess I got my money's worth, but barely.

It sure gives you a workout.:laughing:

I agree on the workout.. BUT less of a workout the polesaw i have - that thing gives me have horrible chest pains and tends to get pinched on the limbs..

I only have 3 or 4 more limbs to cut, so hopefully it will make it that long.. Maybe I should have bought the $20 Northern Tool one instead now.. lol

Wonder if i could somehow use a 'real' chainsaw chain as a replacment when it breaks?

brian

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#2,342  
Wonder if i could somehow use a 'real' chainsaw chain as a replacment when it breaks?

brian

I actually tried that. HF has some real short chains on a closeout and I cut it and attached ropes to the ends. It grabs harder than I can pull. :eek:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,343  
I actually tried that. HF has some real short chains on a closeout and I cut it and attached ropes to the ends. It grabs harder than I can pull. :eek:

Did anyone else ever have one of those "survival knives" that were popular back in the days when kids could quote lines from the Rambo movies? I remember there was a wire saw in the handle of those knives that was surprisingly effective without being too hard to pull.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,344  
Did anyone else ever have one of those "survival knives" that were popular back in the days when kids could quote lines from the Rambo movies? I remember there was a wire saw in the handle of those knives that was surprisingly effective without being too hard to pull.

that is a great idea.. I have seen those somewhere and you dont have to worry the chain flipping the wrong way..

Also on a 'real' chainsaw chain - it only cuts one direction, where the HF/NT ones go both ways..
brian

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,345  

thanks for saving me the time and money of attempting this on my own..

b

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,346  
I would say go to a store that has camping goods, they have those wire saws. They work well, until they kink and snap.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,347  

I still have 2 of those knives...mine have a ribbed black handle with a screw off cap..the cap has a compass on top and inside is the wire you refer to and some other things...fish hook , twine matches etc.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,349  
I still have 2 of those knives...mine have a ribbed black handle with a screw off cap..the cap has a compass on top and inside is the wire you refer to and some other things...fish hook , twine matches etc.

Sounds like the one I had. I don't know where mine ever ended up.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,350  
gonna add to the list. Bar clamps for woodworking. (not the plastic quick grip kind). about 4.50 at hf, 13 at a tool store.. work wonderfull