Page 242 of 431 FirstFirst ... 142192232239240241242243244245252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 4310
    Veteran Member

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    "Some assembly required".

That is half the fun of HF tools, you get to play Junior Development Engineer and take it from a mass produced prototype to a working product.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1215, Toro 266-H, Pennsylvania Panzer, Case 444, Craftsman 14/6

Quote Originally Posted by Travelover View Post

That is half the fun of HF tools, you get to play Junior Development Engineer and take it from a mass produced prototype to a working product.
    "mass produced prototype"

That's an excellent description.
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Quote Originally Posted by Iplayfarmer View Post
    "mass produced prototype"

Should be the company motto.

I never buy anything from HF unless there is an "assembled" photo on the box. Forget the instructions; the words don't fit and the photos only reveal that you are missing some parts.

Rgarding HF rope. Some might be good but most I have had was junk and stretched or broke with even mild resistance. Never trust it.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Quote Originally Posted by sixdogs View Post
    Should be the company motto.

I never buy anything from HF unless there is an "assembled" photo on the box. Forget the instructions; the words don't fit and the photos only reveal that you are missing some parts.

Rgarding HF rope. Some might be good but most I have had was junk and stretched or broke with even mild resistance. Never trust it.
    I agree a pic is worth a million words. But I also like that the instructions are aval online in PDF form. you can get a good sence of the item from that.So HF gets a star in that department

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1215, Toro 266-H, Pennsylvania Panzer, Case 444, Craftsman 14/6

Have assembly instructions improved at all over the years? It's been a while since I bought anything that needed to be assembled from HF. The last instructions I got seemed to have been written as a 4th grade English translation assignment somewhere in rural China. I'd have given the kid a C+ mostly for effort.
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Quote Originally Posted by Iplayfarmer View Post
    The last instructions I got seemed to have been written as a 4th grade English translation assignment
    Accuracy of the manuals is as hit-and-miss as the hardware. I noted above that the single page 'manual' with the hand cranked barrel pump was near illegible and pretty worthless.

The manual for the new brown 90A flux wire welder clearly lists DCEN in the specifications chart but it isn't DC. No rectifiers in the parts list, diagram, or as observed by owners visually and using a voltmeter.

I just bought the inverter showing 400/800 watt on the box and on the website. Its manual says Startup Peak = 750 watts maximum. Its input is protected by 25A fuses. (25A x 12V = 300 watts). It will serve for me, my intended use is to power two 85 watt rechargers for cordless tools. I don't think I'll try to run power tools from it.
    Last edited by California; 01-27-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Tractor
    Kubota L295DT

There is a new spin on HF instructions -- how-to videos on their website as part of the product description. I stumbled across it accidentally when I was researching their new hydraulic wire crimper.

Nice American guy speaking normal English demonstrates how to use it, even suggesting that you put it back in the case when you're done.
    It's always about food.

Tractor
    JD 1026R

Brother in law bought there Central machinery 16 sp drill press .. Of course he wanted the lower price one and no the only one in stock was about 80.00 more.
    So he buys it still in box ,box looked perfect,, came home about a 90 min drive unloads press and the plastic cover on front of press is broken in about 3 different places..
    I asked him today if he contacted them about the cover he so no he glued it back together and if it doesn't hold .he would make something out of metal ..
    Goes to show you can't always tell from the condition of the box ,but at $400. you would think they could makes thing to last at least during shipping..
    Have fun and be safe !!!

JD1026R H120 fel w/54"bucket; 60" mmm ; 260 BH/w 12" bucket; ballast box; rear weights; front quick hitch w/angling kit and 54 " blade ;3pt rear 60" blade ; JD 47" frt snowblower ; Original Tractor Cab;Bush Hog 47" tiller and 15" Middle Buster

That's part of the fun with HF. How about this for a company motto: "If you like the Rubic's Cube then you'll love our products". Unlike the cube with HF sometimes you get the added thrill of trying to decide if it's an extra part or one not pictured well that'll require you to half disassemble it so you can install the bolt. Then of course you get the challenge of trying to choose, do I risk my life and use the twine they supplied with the engine lift that I could be laying under or do I replace it with real steel cable? I can say that I've bested all of the HF puzzles I've tired, have you?
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Tractor
    Mahindra 4500 4WD w/FEL, and Scotts S2048 lawn tractor

Does anyone have a 12 Ton A-Frame Industrial Heavy Duty Floor Shop Press and are they worth the money? I do have a 20% off coupon.
    12 Ton A-Frame Floor Shop Press
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image_18324-jpg  

Page 242 of 431 FirstFirst ... 142192232239240241242243244245252292342 ... LastLast