Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,491  
FYI---Here are some HF screwdrivers from 20 years ago that I forgot I had. Pencil for comparison. They look individually made with individually fitted wooden handles.
If these was 20 years looking backwards, imagine the compounded quality going 20 years forward. I'm still not going to buy anything with a motor but HF has come a long way.

Those screwdrivers actually look pretty nice to me. Have you used them much?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,492  
4.5 inch angle grinder, 20 bucks 10 years ago. Still going strong.:thumbsup:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,494  
Those screwdrivers actually look pretty nice to me. Have you used them much?

Not much. They were on a shelf in the basement and tighten a few screws now and then. They were the equal to today's "free flahlights" in that they were a gift for a purchase. I've had more but not sure where they are. If they were stainless rather than carbon steel they would be mint.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,495  
Ive use mine 2 years now, no problems. Haven't even had to put a new battery in it yet. I've had 3 fluke digital thermometers that did what you say. The LED's went bad.

Mine flashes through random displays of oH ol AH or a temp over 900*. It also shows a dead or weak battery but the battery is good. I had it for a couple years too. The Amazon one is a better deal.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,496  
Mine flashes through random displays of oH ol AH or a temp over 900*. It also shows a dead or weak battery but the battery is good. I had it for a couple years too. The Amazon one is a better deal.

My thermocouple thermometers do that when there is a bad connection between the two wires. I'm trying to think what equivalent that may be with an IR.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,497  
4.5 inch angle grinder, 20 bucks 10 years ago. Still going strong.:thumbsup:

I bought one this past weekend, (live about 125 miles from the store), first 3/4 inch nut I tried to grind off, it started smoking, before I could get the switch turned off, it melted and couldn't turn it off. Later, when I plugged it in to see if it would still work, it started smoking, filled the pole barn with acrid smoke.

The only power tool I've had any luck with is a rotary impact drill I bought about 5 years ago to drill some 1" holes in concrete. ALL (emphisis on every one) the rest have died a rapid death in the first couple of hours of use.

Other tools seem to be OK, but I'm swearing off the electrical power tools after this one. I think that's about 5 or 6 times I've tried.

Home Depot has a Milwaukee 4 1/2 inch angle grinder for $59 that's guaranteed for 5 years. I've got to finish grinding those nuts, so I'm headed to HD today.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,498  
Harbor Freight opened a store in Rochester, MN in the last year. A group of us at work have made a competition with our sales reciepts. We try to save more money than we spend, we refer to this as the "Harbor Fratio". The winner so far spent $.32 and saved $6.68, for a Fratio of 20.875. He bought a wire brush and got a "free pair of scissors with any purchase."
As for the tools, collectively as a group, we have bought just about one of everything they carry. From the big hoist to air tools, and hand tools. The employees in the store remind us that their hand tools have a "life time" warranty on them. For the casual user, their tools are a great value.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,499  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,500  
Anyone have this bench drill press from Harbor Freight?

Bench Top Drill Press - 12 Speed

Now, look at this bench drill press at sears.

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

Zoom in on each picture.- That's the same drill press but sears is much higher.:confused2::)

My neighbor recently got the 16 speed benchtop drill press. It looks a lot like my 20 year old HF floor standing 16 speed drill press which has served me well.

Pat