Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,531  
I found yet another issue with sears price gouging, so I decided to let sears know that Ponda Rosa, a marketing associate is "screwing" sears customers.

I wrote the following comment to sears and hope to get a response from them in the near future.

This comment is about Sears PRICE GOUGING its customers. I am very disappointed with what I have come across in your marketing strategy. I am in complete agreement that you should make a fair profit on sales of merchandise, but when you overcharge $180 on a $10 item, you've gone too far. Please look at the two websites and compare merchandise. I did, and I think Sears has lost a customer unless you fix your "associate marketer's" sales gouging. I've also identifed another issue of the same type, an indicator to me that this is not a "singular issue" Please let me know how you plan to remedy this situation. Thanks.

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

3" Variable Speed Air Cutter

Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

Bench Top Drill Press - 12 Speed

The "new" price gouging from this "crook" that sells on the sears site is for a pack of single edge razor blades:

100 Pack Industrial Quality Single Edge Utility Blades

Sears sells them for $25 and HF has the same blades for $2.99

I urge others to contact sears and let them know you don't appreciate their tactics. I have. If enough of us complain to "mother sears" maybe she will stop her kids from misbehaving..... I know my mom would get us back on track LOL

Nice catch!:thumbsup:- Yup, I am very disappointed with Sears too and will not buy from them again.- I'm glad you sent the email and I think we all should send them one.- I'll send them one when I get home from work tonight.

Wow!- Can't believe Sears can sell the "SAME" blades for that much and get away with it.:confused2:- I believe the problem with Sears is when they teamed up with Kmart.- I've heard that Kmart bought Sears?

I just thought I would post that bench drill press just in case someone was looking to buy one.- You can buy "TWO" of them at Harbor Freight that would come out to the "SAME PRICE" for one at Sears, and that includes tax.

"Way to go Harbor Freight"!:thumbsup:

"Sears you Suck"!:thumbdown:- Should start a thread called "Sears Tools That Suck On The Price".:laughing:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,534  
I made a new thread for this situation Is it Ok to move it Low Bucket?If I could repost your letter it would explain it all .(purpose of the thread)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,535  
Sears was the WM of 100 years ago, They closed more stores right after Christmas and at this rate. In fact I remember just 25 years ago when Sears was the place we shopped all of the time.

In Feb of 1981 we did get our microwave on sale for $300 off the $800 price. We still use it every day. Did have to replace the magaton tube 26 years ago. It much have been defective because it still is working but this posting may kill it. Hope it outlast Sears at the rate they are going.

Years back I sold merchandise that Sears wished to carry.
Our promotional back to school discount for a booking was about 45% from list plus another 10% for lump one time shipping to the warehouse whenever the order was ready.
Sears wanted our product BUT we would have had to give them an additional 10-15% for them to purchase and they wanted store to store shipping when they specified a date.
Their argument was that they had a higher overhead and needed more discount to one up competition.
Took all my cool to tell them that I'd pass on the suggestion to our management, but I did thank them for visiting my display booth.
Our product was a #1 back to school item that they wished to give the impression of being a lost leader all while retaining maximum profits.
It takes a very solid company with a code of ethics not to succumb to big unprofitable orders just to get exposure.
My old employer is still in the fortune 500 and still doing very well.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,536  
This thread is suppose to be about "HF tools that don't suck" not Sears, politics, American workers, Chinese workers, trade,etc. :thumbsup:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,537  
Well I tried to buy an air gun for blowing off equipment at HF today but had to walk out without it.

Not sure if a store with all cash registers open and lines too long to wait for is going to stay in business very long. :D

I had an appointment with our CPA and just ran short on time. :)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#2,538  
Not sure if a store with all cash registers open and lines too long to wait for is going to stay in business very long. :D...........

No one goes there anymore ....it's too crowded.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,540  
Just remember that looks are not the best way to judge a tool (or other things). I have a DeWalt 1/2" electric impact wrench that has been worked hard over they years and never let me down. While at a Chuck Homier tool show I bought an identical impact wrench except for it was blue, not yellow, it came with a nice blow molded case, and it came with spare brushes (never a good sign).

It died in a couple of days. The first thing that went was the ring that holds the sockets on and then the clutch went. The plastic, while in the same shape as the DeWalt was totally different. It wasn't as resistant to impact damage like the quality tools. The trigger on the DeWalt was smooth while the other was clunky and didn't fit well.

HF bench vices are also a great example. They look like name brands but once you get it home and ship off the body filler you'll find looks were skin deep. :laughing: Don't get me wrong, I think that HF tools have their place and are always getting better. Someday we will just expect them to work.