Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,542  
Does anyone have an opinion on this tool? It's less than half the price of anything I can find, but...

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#2,543  
Does anyone have an opinion on this tool? It's less than half the price of anything I can find, but...

It has one good rating on their site, but generally HF isn't so good in the heat treated metal department.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,544  
It has one good rating on their site, but generally HF isn't so good in the heat treated metal department.

Thanks. My gut says steer clear, but my cheap side always gives it an argument. :cool:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#2,545  
Thanks. My gut says steer clear, but my cheap side always gives it an argument. :cool:

Hey, try it. They will take it back if you break it. Then we'll know if it is any good. :D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,546  
Well, they will take it back only if it's within the new limited window of 60 ? days. No receipt; no dice.
I bought a tire iron from them 4 years ago and it was junk. It was plenty hard enough but seemed to be made for a much shorter person with smaller arms. By the time I got a grip on it there wasn't a whole lot left. I use it it wedge and to pound on ag stuff now. I would still be willing to try the bead breaker, however.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,547  
Just picked up the latest acquisition from HF (electric pole saw) and it appears to be quite a find. Its not on their website but found it at the local store. Has a 15 foot reach and a 9.5 inch Oregon bar and chain with an automatic oiler. Regularly $99.99, on sale for $69.99 then drop a 20% coupon on it and I was out the door for only $55 and another freebie item to add to the bin in my shop. Worked like a charm and seems to be as good as comparable models sold elsewhere for substantially more. I was hesitant at first about an electric saw as I'm a fan of my Stihl gas saws, but not a fan of using them over my head or while doing so standing on a ladder. Hence this safety-conscious purchase. Felt the need to tell others bout this one!:thumbsup:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,548  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,549  
id like to recomend this compressor....

ALSO this pry bar. A friend of mine called it a bonzeye(sp) either way its a good but Mine was 1.99 a few years ago. Its quite sturdy. Great for removing trim and a great scraper
9-3/4" Multipurpose Pry Bar
I might try that prybar. It looks like a convenient size to keep on the workbench.

A while back I bought their 'Heavy Duty Pry Bar' (we used to call them flatbars back in my Journeyman Carpenter days) and it was junk. This is the type of bar that looks like it was fabricated from a tempered leaf spring. I bent the HF one the first time I tried serious prying with it - just pulling hard with both hands, which shouldn't be abuse. It was nowhere near the quality of my Craftsman and Stiletto versions that I've used for 40 years and never damaged.

I wonder if that compressor, "120 volts, 2.6 amps", would run from the HF 400/800 watt inverter I just bought?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,550  
Just picked up the latest acquisition from HF (electric pole saw) and it appears to be quite a find.

Mine worked for about 6 months, then the trigger switch became erratic. Haven't taken the time to work on it yet.

Bruce