Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#2,561  
I expect that the quality of steel or tempering or something, varies from batch to batch. ..........

Just anecdotally, this seems to be a Chinese shortcoming. Anything that requires some expertise in metallurgy like gear pullers or metal cutting blades tend to be of low quality at HF.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,562  
My $100 HF metal cutting 14" chopsaw that I got on sale for $50 years ago was still running strong up until a few days ago. Clicked on the trigger and *nothing*.
I had the same 14" chop saw and paid $59 for it 8 years ago.- Mine lasted 3 years and it cut a lot of metal.- I think I got $59 dollars worth out of it.
Pulled out the brushes. They looked good, but I turned them around just in case. While tightening up the second brush cap with the screwdriver, I went a touch too far and it busted off. (No, I wasn't twisting hard).
That's what happened to mine.- The two plastic caps busted in pieces when I tried to tighten them up.- I let my brothers borrow it several times and cut metal for freinds with it too.

My brothers said the reason the brush caps busted was because I got the saw too hot.:D- A couple years ago I bought a Dewalt chop saw and I won't let my brothers borrow it!:laughing:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,563  
I have 2 HF quick Hitches, Excellent! IMO . . . no need to pay more. . .
I also have a 14" cut off saw that paid 19.95 for and works good . . .John
I got my HF quick hitch about a month ago and it works just fine.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,564  
I also have a 14" cut off saw that paid 19.95 for and works good . . .John

Sure wish I had your receiver hitch set up. That is nice. I have a couple pintel hitched trailers that I would like to be able to move/use properly around the place without hitching to the truck.:thumbsup:

HF makes my day every visit I make. :D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,565  
John
That's one of those 'best buys' at HF!:thumbsup:- I bought two of them and have been very happy with the quick hitches.

I used to own an imatch and sold it.- The HF quick hitch is 3 times better than an imatch! IMO- Because it has draw pin adjustments and the imatch doesn't.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,566  
Just anecdotally, this seems to be a Chinese shortcoming. Anything that requires some expertise in metallurgy like gear pullers or metal cutting blades tend to be of low quality at HF.

I think when it comes to make in China it's the Quality Assurance team that makes all the difference. For name brand products they spend the money to make sure that short cuts and bad batches don't happen. For HF and other discount brands they just assume that each batch of metal or tempering was done correctly and put it on the shelf in a box. If it breaks they give you another one and hope that it works.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,567  
... If it breaks they give you another one and hope that it works.

Sounds like their human resources philosophy.

There's a small part of me that feels a bit of guilt for supporting the poor personnel practices and unfair trade of China, but most of the rest of me thinks, "Hey, Cheap tools!"

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,568  

There's a small part of me that feels a bit of guilt for supporting the poor personnel practices and unfair trade of China, but most of the rest of me thinks, "Hey, Cheap tools!"

Now that was funny. :D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,569  

It's a male weakness, we like tools just like women like shoes.