Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,601  
Gale Hawkins said:
Aluminum Hitch Cargo Carrier - 500 lb. Capacity

Going for this March coupon special for SUV/MH use. Would go steel if going to tow with 2" ball out of the back of it like my neighbor. Notice I said IF. :)

I purchased this last spring for half off the regular price. Mainly to use when we go on vacation. It worked great had no problems other then the hassle of putting it together. :)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,602  
I purchased this last spring for half off the regular price. Mainly to use when we go on vacation. It worked great had no problems other then the hassle of putting it together. :)

We could have really used it with the motor home on our 8000 cross country last fall. May travel some by SUV this year too and it would really be nice since it has the 2" receiver hitch feature. Glad to hear it worked great for you. I will have the kids to put it together. :D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,603  
Be still my beating heart--a guy I know has this electric impact wrench for an auto body shop and loves it. He knows nothing of the HF "Experience" and bought this (plus a buffer) on a Sunday when he had an emergency and other stores were closed. Anyway, here's the impact gun--and he uses it a lot. He bought as a throw-away but it never quit.
Electric Impact Wrench - 1/2"

I am shocked at the four star rating--it doesn't seem possible. Anyone else have one of these?

More on the pad buffer when I know more but he has used it for over a year and it works fine. He buffed out some scratches for me and, despite looking well-used and knocked around--it did a great job and sounded strong. How can this be? Should he play the Lottery now?
Anyone have either of these?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,604  
I have the 10 years ago model of that impact wrench (looks identical) and I'm not convinced it will attain its rated torque. It sounds like the current version is better.

It is a real convenience to just plug it in and go, vs dragging out the seldom-used compressor for an air tool.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,605  
Be still my beating heart--a guy I know has this electric impact wrench for an auto body shop and loves it. He knows nothing of the HF "Experience" and bought this (plus a buffer) on a Sunday when he had an emergency and other stores were closed. Anyway, here's the impact gun--and he uses it a lot. He bought as a throw-away but it never quit.
Electric Impact Wrench - 1/2"

I am shocked at the four star rating--it doesn't seem possible. Anyone else have one of these?

I bought one from Northern Tool for twice the price, but having seen the HF version, I'm sure they are identical. It has replaced my air impact completely. A cord is much easier to pull out vs. the hose (even though I have one of their auto rewind air hoses, which works great). And, no waiting for the compressor to pressurize.

I take it with me in the motorhome since I have a generator there. Never know when you'll need to change out a tire.

Funny story - I was out camping in the boon docks last summer and someone limped their car into camp. Apparently a few of the motor mounts had snapped off on the rough road. They were having a heck of a time trying to get some bolts loose. I walked back to my camp, grabbed the electric impact wrench, grabbed my little Honda 2000 inverter generator, and walked back. Pure disbelief on their faces when I whipped out the impact wrench way out there. :)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,606  
A cord is much easier to pull out vs. the hose (even though I have one of their auto rewind air hoses, which works great). And, no waiting for the compressor to pressurize.

You've just inspired me to consider an auto rewind extension cord. I keep my compressor pressurized, so the air is my go to for impact, etc. But there's a lot of other stuff I use electricity for. I LOVE my autorewind air hose from HF. I don't know why it hasn't occured to me yet to get a cord reel, too.

Any opinions on this...
30 Ft. Retractable Cord Reel

or this...
Retractable Cord Reel - Great Deals on Retractable Cord Reels at Harbor Freight

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,607  
You've just inspired me to consider an auto rewind extension cord. I keep my compressor pressurized, so the air is my go to for impact, etc. But there's a lot of other stuff I use electricity for. I LOVE my autorewind air hose from HF. I don't know why it hasn't occured to me yet to get a cord reel, too.

Any opinions on this...

or this...
Retractable Cord Reel - Great Deals on Retractable Cord Reels at Harbor Freight

I have the 40 ft. one mounted in the center of the ceiling (12 ft.) of my shop. Plugged into the door opener outlet. Cord hanging down. I used to have it mounted on the wall, and it retracted better. It still retracts fine except for the last 3-4 feet, I suppose because it is having to pull the cord straight up, instead of sideways. Anyway, it goes back far enough I don't hit my head on it, it just doesn't go all the way back to the stop collar on the cord. I really like the ceiling mount, makes it easy to reach anywhere in the shop.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,608  
I have the 40 ft. one mounted in the center of the ceiling (12 ft.) of my shop. Plugged into the door opener outlet. Cord hanging down. I used to have it mounted on the wall, and it retracted better. It still retracts fine except for the last 3-4 feet, I suppose because it is having to pull the cord straight up, instead of sideways. Anyway, it goes back far enough I don't hit my head on it, it just doesn't go all the way back to the stop collar on the cord. I really like the ceiling mount, makes it easy to reach anywhere in the shop.

I think I'd like the 40 foot one because it's 12 gauge wire.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,609  
I LOVE my autorewind air hose from HF. I don't know why it hasn't occured to me yet to get a cord reel, too.

Any opinions on this...

I have one that looks very similar to the one above. I *think* I got it from HF, but honestly, it may have come from Home Depot. I wouldn't have a shop / garage without one. They work so great.

The air hose rewinder I mounted on the wall right between my two garage doors, with the idea that I could use the hose outside easily.

The electric rewinder I mounted on the ceiling in the middle of the garage, with the idea that I could reach all areas of the garage easily.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,610  
I had a Chuck Homier 1/2" electric impact wrench and a DeWalt. The Chuck upchucked and died almost the day after they left town. The DeWalt is running strong. I use it for lug nuts and such but after years of it's lacking enough torque to handle hard stuff I finally broke down and bought a real 1/2" air impact wrench. The day I got it I spent hours removing bolts that the electric wrench couldn't even come close to budging.

I still use the electric impact quite often. Enough so that I have thought about getting a cordless one.