Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,611  
I have a 30 foot retractable cord that I mounted in the middle of my shop on the ceiling... I use it constantly. I am concerned, however, that the 16 ga wire is a little light, so I am going to get the one from Harbor Freight that is 40' and 12 ga. Going tomorrow to see if it might be included in their tent sale... if not I'll get it with a 20% off coupon for aound $55.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,612  
Picked up an angle grinder on sale at HF...It will be interesting to see how long it lasts...

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,613  
Picked up an angle grinder on sale at HF...It will be interesting to see how long it lasts...
I have 2 of their grinders I leave a cut off wheel on 1 and a grinding wheel on the other. I have a third grinder that has a wire brush on it. Keeps from changing back and fourth. So far they are doing fine. The only issue I have with them is they do not shut off when you let go of the button it is a switch and must be switched off. I think they are the orange ones. I heard to stay away from the blue ones for what its worth.:thumbsup:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,614  
I think I'm going to buy one of these red five drawer "service carts"

Rolling Tool Cart w/ 5 Drawers

In the store it's usually $199 and a 20% off coupon takes it to $160.
My question is, does anyone recall this at a lower price than this that's not a "super coupon"?
I think I recall $179 but haven't been paying attention to that item.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,615  
--a guy I know has this [HF] electric impact wrench for an auto body shop and loves it. --and he uses it a lot. He bought as a throw-away but it never quit.
Electric Impact Wrench - 1/2" I am shocked at the four star rating--it doesn't seem possible. Anyone else have one of these?
I have the 10 years ago model of that impact wrench (looks identical) and I'm not convinced it will attain its rated torque.
Update. It does look like mine will meet its specs.

Today I mounted a trailer ball, and tested the torque of my (10 yr old) HF Electric Impact Wrench. It tightened the bolt well beyond the 150 ft lb maximum I can measure with my beam-type torque wrench.

Also to my surprise, my new Ryobi 18v impact driver (P236) also has torque beyond the 150 ft lbs that I can measure. It is rated 1600 inch-pounds (131 ft lbs) so it exceeded its rating, with only 5 minutes charge applied to a dead lithium battery.

The HF 110v driver is stronger than the Ryobi, it can loosen what the Ryobi tightened but not vice versa. The Ryobi is half the weight and size so its more convenient. Note this is the little quarter inch drive tool intended for driving deck screws etc, not the same thing as Ryobi's 18v 200 ft lb Impact Wrench #P260 (half inch drive) that is a cordless equivalent of the HF impact wrench. I don't have a need for it, but I sure would like to have a P260 too.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,616  
Their 1,875 lb GVW trailer with the 5 lug 530-12 tires is a real buy. With a coupon I paid something like $230., if i remember correctly. That thing looks like it could go for a long long time.

Their electrical tape is also a very good deal at about 39 cents a roll. I've used many, many rolls of it for a lot of purposes.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,617  
I have 2 of their grinders I leave a cut off wheel on 1 and a grinding wheel on the other. I have a third grinder that has a wire brush on it. Keeps from changing back and fourth. So far they are doing fine. The only issue I have with them is they do not shut off when you let go of the button it is a switch and must be switched off. I think they are the orange ones. I heard to stay away from the blue ones for what its worth.:thumbsup:

The one I got is red. Used it for a little bit, and it seems to work good...

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#2,618  

My question is, does anyone recall this at a lower price than this that's not a "super coupon"?

I don't think you can use the 20% coupon on tool boxes anymore. :(

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,619  

Try this link for $149.99:

Harbor Freight Printable Coupon: 700lbs Capacity Rolling Tool Cart w/ 5 Drawers... - dealspl.us

Bruce