Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,801  
Anyone used any of their aluminum floor jacks? They would sure be easier on the back if one needs to be put into the truck to take somewhere.

Bruce

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,802  
I've had their 1.5 ton aluminum floor jack for 3 years now and love it. One of my better buys.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,803  
12 Volt Lithium Ion Cordless 1/4" Hex Impact Driver
I've wanted a 1/4" impact for some time after seeing how useful they are for the techs where I work. I've used the heck out of it with no problem. I even bought extensions so I can use 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" drive sockets.

On the other hand I needed a 1/2" drive cordless drill motor to drill out stripped 12mm threads for a thread insert in my tractor where I have no electricity. I bought their 18 Volt 1/2" Magnesium Drill/Driver by Chicago Electric but it didn't have any torque to it. It would stop as soon as the bit touched. I was finally able to finish in 20-30 minutes by running it up to speed and pushing it into the hole. It would chip a small piece of metal every time till it finally got it all.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,804  
12 Volt Lithium Ion Cordless 1/4" Hex Impact Driver
I've wanted a 1/4" impact for some time after seeing how useful they are for the techs where I work. I've used the heck out of it with no problem. I even bought extensions so I can use 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" drive sockets.

On the other hand I needed a 1/2" drive cordless drill motor to drill out stripped 12mm threads for a thread insert in my tractor where I have no electricity. I bought their 18 Volt 1/2" Magnesium Drill/Driver by Chicago Electric but it didn't have any torque to it. It would stop as soon as the bit touched. I was finally able to finish in 20-30 minutes by running it up to speed and pushing it into the hole. It would chip a small piece of metal every time till it finally got it all.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,805  
I've had their 1.5 ton aluminum floor jack for 3 years now and love it. One of my better buys.

I will second this. Mine is a couple years old and workd great. Light, easy to position and makes my old steel ones obsolite as far as I am concerned.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,806  
I would like to highly recommend this vibratory cleaner. It is the first electrical item I have ever bought from HF and am willing to take a chance based on user feedback. For me, I use it to clean up small ag parts with a coarse walnut shell media with some fine silicate abrasive blended it. It beats wire brushing and gives a way better paint job. The so-called owner's manual gives combination blends of abrasives to use for various purposes such as deburring, cleaning or polishing. I just use it for light rust and stuff but a more aggressive media would likely do more. It's really just a giant brass case cleaner and can be used dry or wet.
Is is often on "sale", as it is now, for $149 and a 20% coupon takes it to $120 and that's a tolerable price. Anyway, It works for me. Read the user reviews for more.

18 Lb. Vibratory Bowl w/ Liquid Drain Hose

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,807  
So I have a conundrum for all of you HF shoppers. Would you buy the electronic pistol safe? It's something that your life will depend on working correctly. I guess that would be the real test of someone who has faith in HF and their products (or a spare gun :laughing: ).

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,808  
So I have a conundrum for all of you HF shoppers. Would you buy the electronic pistol safe? It's something that your life will depend on working correctly. I guess that would be the real test of someone who has faith in HF and their products (or a spare gun :laughing: ).

I have two HF electronic safes. Not the gun vault type, just the small units with digital locks. One has been holding a handgun for about six years, the other, about five. Neither has ever failed to work correctly. Both are very frugal on battery use. Thankfully, I have never needed them in an emergency.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,809  

ABSOLUTELY!! I'd keep my valuables in there and keep the Harbor Freight label on it in the hope that a thief would look at it and think, "No one would keep anything with any real value in a harbor freight safe."

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,810  
Maybe my "home situation" is different from others, but it's just my wife and I living in our house, so I wouldn't store a handgun intended for personal protection in a safe manufactured by anybody. Mine is readily available in the bedroom, loaded and both my wife and I are proficient in using it. Do I intend to use it? HEAVEN FORBID I EVER PULL THE TRIGGER IN SELF DEFENSE, I'd rather try to talk my way out of a bad situation if possible, but am prepared to use it if needed.

A handgun locked in a safe, even one that functions every time the code is entered, is a handgun that's not available for use in an emergency. Ever try to remember your phone number when in a busy office with lots of distractions? I just don't want to be put in a position of "remembering" numbers when my family is in jeopardy. And I certainly don't want to have to turn on a light to find the keypad on a lockbox with someone snooping around inside my home. Out here in the "woods" I want my handgun readily available without anybody's lock box or safe to stand between me and it.

So, to answer your conundrum, NOPE, I wouldn't trust HF electronic safe... Nor would I trust any other brand.....

Just my opinion, yours may vary.