Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,811  
YES The ad says satisfaction guaranteed :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
So I have a conundrum for all of you HF shoppers. Would you buy the electronic pistol safe? It's something that your life will depend on working correctly. I guess that would be the real test of someone who has faith in HF and their products (or a spare gun :laughing: ).

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,812  
YES The ad says satisfaction guaranteed :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well, there is an asterisk after that so if it's more than 90 days, you're wistling Dixie.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,813  
Maybe my "home situation" is different from others, but it's just my wife and I living in our house, so I wouldn't store a handgun intended for personal protection in a safe manufactured by anybody. Mine is readily available in the bedroom, loaded and both my wife and I are proficient in using it. Do I intend to use it? HEAVEN FORBID I EVER PULL THE TRIGGER IN SELF DEFENSE, I'd rather try to talk my way out of a bad situation if possible, but am prepared to use it if needed.

A handgun locked in a safe, even one that functions every time the code is entered, is a handgun that's not available for use in an emergency. Ever try to remember your phone number when in a busy office with lots of distractions? I just don't want to be put in a position of "remembering" numbers when my family is in jeopardy. And I certainly don't want to have to turn on a light to find the keypad on a lockbox with someone snooping around inside my home. Out here in the "woods" I want my handgun readily available without anybody's lock box or safe to stand between me and it.

So, to answer your conundrum, NOPE, I wouldn't trust HF electronic safe... Nor would I trust any other brand.....

Just my opinion, yours may vary.

What he said= Thatsa BIG YUP! But it's my 12-gauge you really oughta be worry'in 'bout!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,814  
The HF electric angle grinder for $20 or less is one of the most handy tools to have in a shop/garage.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,815  
HF 25% off coupon July 4 only. (Put your own customer # in there, then print and take to store.) This coupon has the usual restrictions, no good for compressors, welders, etc so read the fine print.

It looks to me that it can also be used to get a 25% rebate off a past purchase made within last 30 days.

TheRumpledOne, I agree, the angle grinders are handy. I have two of $10 blue ones, with a cup brush on one and an edge 'braided' brush on the other. Also an orange grinder from a few years ago that still works well. I recently got their paddle-switch model that is now my favorite.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,816  
HF 25% off coupon July 4 only. (Put your own customer # in there, then print and take to store.) This coupon has the usual restrictions, no good for compressors, welders, etc so read the fine print.

It looks to me that it can also be used to get a 25% rebate off a past purchase made within last 30 days.

TheRumpledOne, I agree, the angle grinders are handy. I have two of $10 blue ones, with a cup brush on one and an edge 'braided' brush on the other. Also an orange grinder from a few years ago that still works well. I recently got their paddle-switch model that is now my favorite.

My shop and garage are full with HF "orange" tools!

I stock up on nuts, bolts, screws when they gone on sale or I have a coupon.

The only HF tool I remember failing were the pliers for removing snap rings. Had to buy Craftsman. Of course, I have broken a few like the pneumatic sockets. That just means buy Craftsman next time.

Now that I think about it, my friend wore out two of my hydraulic floor jacks at my garage. I told him the aluminum one was only to be used on my Miata for the track but he didn't listen and obey.

I am new to the forum and have been reading this thread from page 1 looking for tool ideas that I haven't thought of yet.

I used to live near a HF store and passed by it a few times a week. Loved the coupons for free gloves, screwdrivers and flashlights... must have a half dozen of each...LOL!!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,817  
My shop and garage are full with HF "orange" tools!

I stock up ....

. Loved the coupons for free gloves, screwdrivers and flashlights... must have a half dozen of each...LOL!!

Note to others--there seem to be differnt kinds of free gloves and some have unusually stubby fingers and you can't wear them. Best freebie seems to be the tape measure followed by the screwdrivers and then maybe the flashlights. Some guys have complained the flashlights bottom falls off but I have only seen that on one of my many freebies.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,818  
I haven't had any problems with the gloves other than sometimes they run out before I can get my pair...LOL!

The tape measure does seem to be good. Used mine the other day. It's very readable!! But if they allowed us to pick which freebie, I would take the gloves almost every time unless I needed another flashlight or screwdriver set.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,819  
I've got three pairs of those gloves with fingers only about 3/4 as long as they should be. Beats me but yours must be different.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,820  
What he said= Thatsa BIG YUP! But it's my 12-gauge you really oughta be worry'in 'bout!

That reminded me of a line from Neuromancer:
“Some man in China say th 'truth comes out this," he said, unwrapping an ancient, oilslick Remington automatic shotgun, its barrel chopped off a few millimeters in front of the battered forestock.”

HF 25% off coupon July 4 only.

<snip>

I recently got their paddle-switch model that is now my favorite.

I have the dark blue one with the paddle switch. It's getting lots of use. My DeWalt grows jealous.