Page 283 of 648 FirstFirst ... 183233273280281282283284285286293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 6472
    Tractor
    Kubotas: L3240GST B2320HST B5100D & G5200H

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

Quote Originally Posted by PhysAssist View Post
    What he said= Thatsa BIG YUP! But it's my 12-gauge you really oughta be worry'in 'bout!
    That reminded me of a line from Neuromancer:
    "Some man in China say th' truth comes out this," he said, unwrapping an ancient, oilslick Remington automatic shotgun, its barrel chopped off a few millimeters in front of the battered forestock.

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    HF 25% off coupon July 4 only.

<snip>

I recently got their paddle-switch model that is now my favorite.
    I have the dark blue one with the paddle switch. It's getting lots of use. My DeWalt grows jealous.
    That's the problem with trouble.
    It always starts out as such fun."
    - Randall Brown

Tractor
    LT160 AUTOMATIC

The old ones were gray colored. The new ones are orange/black. But I don't remember any stubby fingered ones. Maybe they had a bad batch and gave them away. Did you get kid size gloves by mistake?
    IT'S NOT THE TOOL, IT'S HOW YOU USE IT!!

You are on the internet, if you (Google) search then you'll probably find what you're looking for!!

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100, M6800

Quote Originally Posted by TheRumpledOne View Post
    The old ones were gray colored. The new ones are orange/black. But I don't remember any stubby fingered ones. Maybe they had a bad batch and gave them away. Did you get kid size gloves by mistake?
    Don't remember but it's been discussed here before and others have had the same problem. They must have fixed it?
    Anyway, the old stubby fingered gloves were sort of comical.
    That's apparently the way it goes with HF, sometimes good and sometimes not so good.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, and now just one YM186D

Those free orange gloves are one of the few things from HF that I decided were unusable junk. There was so much excess fabric inside the fingers that my fingers wouldn't go in all the way. The gray leather/fabric gloves (5 pair/$6) also seemed pretty cheap but would be fine for shovelling or handling firewood etc. I buy the cowhide roping gloves (yellow / red trim) when they are on sale as these fit like a second skin and are tough enough to grab and tug on blackberry vines - my main need for gloves. I can't use cloth-backed gloves for that.

Upstate NY- see the BIG lake- look just below it...
    Tractor
    Kubota B2320

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Grand View Post
    That reminded me of a line from Neuromancer:
    "Some man in China say th' truth comes out this," he said, unwrapping an ancient, oilslick Remington automatic shotgun, its barrel chopped off a few millimeters in front of the battered forestock.

I have the dark blue one with the paddle switch. It's getting lots of use. My DeWalt grows jealous.
    Gibson sure can write, can't he!

Occasionally, I have to stop and think about what he writes, but he can paint a word picture when he's at his best.

Have you read any Charlie Stross?

He's a Brit, and has a dry humor in most of his work.

I loved his "Laundry" series, and just finished the Iron Sunrise and Singularity Sky- they're less humorous, but no less engaging.

Enough thread-napping, I'm buying HF's wire-flux welder on coupon for 99$ and will try to use my regular 20% off coupon on it too.

The 25% off specifically says no welders, but I would try that if I wasn't going to be working tomorrow.

Any body have any opinions re: that welder?

I figure since I suck at welding anyway, why waste money on a better unit until I get better at it....

Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, and now just one YM186D

The 90 amp welder? It is occasionally on its own coupon at $89. Forget compounding a 20% coupon upon another coupon, at least where I live.

I have a previous version of that welder. The first one I took home was not usable due to bad wire. Later I bought another, and use it with .035 FC wire from Tractor Supply which works better than HF's wire. The welder runs but does low-end quality work, it is only AC while DC is needed to run Flux Core wire decently. All of HF's FC wire is labelled DC ONLY and they push it for use with your 90A AC welder - to illustrate how much they care.

My HF FC welder does passable farm repairs. My last project was to strengthen the tongue of my HF 40x48 inch trailer. The trailer is rated 900 lbs and I'm carrying 2600 lbs over rough ground; with an orchard watering tank on the little trailer. I straightened the bent tongue and boxed it with bedframe angle iron welded full length down the tongue. I expect it will hold up now. (my recent post about this, with picture of the trailer). I wouldn't try to weld anything that needs to look elegant, however.

HF seams to be pushing shopping at stores as of late. The 20% off coupons seam to only be "in-store". I was going to pick up one of the small pressurized sand blasters (out of stock on-line) but couldn't fine a coupon. The closest store is too far from me to just go to.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Yes crazy I noticed that as well.I looked forward to catalogs and ordering But I havent ordered in over a year now.They send me a few small catalogs but its a store sale, and they threaten to stop them if i dont have the label 'scanned' at the store.The local store that take me 1 1/2 hour one way to get to.
    Hope they get good business from the stoes, as I bet the mail order is taking a hit..

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100, M6800

I can tell you the stores are packed. Lots of older and wiser crowd but legions of pilgrims. Seems everything is at a better price and then there are some really good prices on popular things. For the first time in maybe 15 years, HF is actually be run like a competitive business looking to aggressively expand it's market. And, at the same time Chinese stuff is getting to be better quality. Well, most of it. Just my two cents.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

At three hours each way I'm not going to make a special trip to save 25%. I got a feeling with the $6.99 shipping the store owners were loosing sales and got mad.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Page 283 of 648 FirstFirst ... 183233273280281282283284285286293333383 ... LastLast