Page 285 of 421 FirstFirst ... 185235275282283284285286287288295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 4206
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

Quote Originally Posted by TheRumpledOne View Post
    Thanks for the info... I ordered a catalog.
    Just beware, the envelope it comes in looks like a part that fell off a spaceship.
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Tractor
    Kubota B2910, Simplicity 18 CFC, Cub Cadet 782

At first blush, for $37.50, I think the Mini-Tire Changer will be worth it. I used it today to install a 4.10/3.50-4 tire - which is pretty small - onto a rim. I had already removed the old tire from the rim before I got the changer - doing so was a real PITA (it involved using a a razor knife to cut thru the sidewall and pair of diagonals to cut thru the bead), and was what motivated me to look into getting the proper tool.

Installing took about 10 or 15 minutes - the manual isn't the greatest - I had to figure that the alignment cone needed to be installed above the mounting/demounting bar/tool in order to give me something to leverage mounting/demounting bar/tool against and to keep it at the proper angle.

I have another 4.10/3.50-4 to do at some point, plus a 13 x 5.00-6, and a pair tires (not sure what size) for a Sears tow-behind spreader - if they go as well as the first one, it will be worth it.

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Does the mini tire changer bolt to the floor?

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

the floor or to a workbench ,there are four holes on the flange for it.Possibly it could be screwed onto a solid block of wood for portability..
    Mine the handle bent first time so the unit is now sitting unused.I found that my regualr size tire changer worked better ,break the bead with it was super simple. then just used some 'spoons' to put the tire on. (just like a full size tire)
    this is what I use. Manual Portable Tire Changer Mount Home Garage Farm Wheel Demount Tires Changer 813373018370 | eBay

Tractor
    MF 1547 Cab, DynaQPS

Quote Originally Posted by sixdogs View Post
    Does the mini tire changer bolt to the floor?
    I use mine in a vise. You wouldn't want to bolt it to the floor, you would have to work on your knees. Have only used it on an 8" tire, it worked well. Much better than screwdrivers, pry bars and cussin'.
    jp
    MF 1547 w/FEL w/bucket and 48" forks, 6'FM, 6'BB, 7' RAKE

Tractor

Here's a laser point and pull the trigger thermometer that actually works. I point the thing up close at the lid of my small Weber grill and keep it around 165-175 or so and my steak, chicked and sausage is the best I have ever done. I build a normal fire with natural charcoal, get it going and toss on some wet hickory chips. Then I damp down to the above temps --or lower--and wait until things are almost cooked since they keep internally cooking after removed from grill. Maybe a little BBQ sauce. Oh, I rub the meat with olive oil before it goes on the grille. Keeps things moist.
    Non-Contact Infrared Laser Thermometer

I don't suppose this was the intended purpose of this tool but it has been working for almost a year so I have to believe it doesn't suck. Just my two cents.

First post that ever made my mouth water

Tractor
    L3240GST, B2320HST, B5100D & G5200H

I got the same thermometer after getting different readings with 2 wood stove thermometers on the same stove. It confirmed that both thermometers were correct and showed clearly how the temperature varied, depending on what part of the stove was checked. Allowed me to locate the stove thermometer at the hottest part of the stove.
    That's the problem with trouble.
    It always starts out as such fun."
    - Randall Brown

Tractor
    Kubota B2910, Simplicity 18 CFC, Cub Cadet 782

Quote Originally Posted by chopped View Post
    the floor or to a workbench ,there are four holes on the flange for it.Possibly it could be screwed onto a solid block of wood for portability .... Mine the handle bent first time so the unit is now sitting unused.
    Yeah, I saw a complaint (or two) about that in the reviews ....

Quote Originally Posted by chopped View Post
    I found that my regualr size tire changer worked better, break the bead with it was super simple. then just used some 'spoons' to put the tire on. (just like a full size tire) this is what I use. Manual Portable Tire Changer Mount Home Garage Farm Wheel Demount Tires Changer 813373018370 | eBay
    That looks like a nice tool and it would be handy to have .... and it was what I was originally looking for when I searched Harbor Freight's website (they used to carry one like it) .... but I'm not sure that it would be suitable for the smaller size tire/wheel that I initially had to change - a 4.10/3.50-4 rim is only about 4" in diameter, with a 1" center hole for the axle ....

Tractor

Have you ever used this tire changer with a regular car tire?

Page 285 of 421 FirstFirst ... 185235275282283284285286287288295335385 ... LastLast