Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,842  
At first blush, for $37.50, I think the Mini-Tire Changer will be worth it. I used it today to install a 4.10/3.50-4 tire - which is pretty small - onto a rim. I had already removed the old tire from the rim before I got the changer - doing so was a real PITA (it involved using a a razor knife to cut thru the sidewall and pair of diagonals to cut thru the bead), and was what motivated me to look into getting the proper tool.

Installing took about 10 or 15 minutes - the manual isn't the greatest - I had to figure that the alignment cone needed to be installed above the mounting/demounting bar/tool in order to give me something to leverage mounting/demounting bar/tool against and to keep it at the proper angle.

I have another 4.10/3.50-4 to do at some point, plus a 13 x 5.00-6, and a pair tires (not sure what size) for a Sears tow-behind spreader - if they go as well as the first one, it will be worth it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,843  
Does the mini tire changer bolt to the floor?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,844  
the floor or to a workbench ,there are four holes on the flange for it.Possibly it could be screwed onto a solid block of wood for portability..
Mine the handle bent first time so the unit is now sitting unused.I found that my regualr size tire changer worked better ,break the bead with it was super simple. then just used some 'spoons' to put the tire on. (just like a full size tire)
this is what I use. Manual Portable Tire Changer Mount Home Garage Farm Wheel Demount Tires Changer 813373018370 | eBay

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,845  
Does the mini tire changer bolt to the floor?

I use mine in a vise. You wouldn't want to bolt it to the floor, you would have to work on your knees. Have only used it on an 8" tire, it worked well. Much better than screwdrivers, pry bars and cussin'.:D
jp

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,846  
Here's a laser point and pull the trigger thermometer that actually works. I point the thing up close at the lid of my small Weber grill and keep it around 165-175 or so and my steak, chicked and sausage is the best I have ever done. I build a normal fire with natural charcoal, get it going and toss on some wet hickory chips. Then I damp down to the above temps --or lower--and wait until things are almost cooked since they keep internally cooking after removed from grill. Maybe a little BBQ sauce. Oh, I rub the meat with olive oil before it goes on the grille. Keeps things moist.
Non-Contact Infrared Laser Thermometer

I don't suppose this was the intended purpose of this tool but it has been working for almost a year so I have to believe it doesn't suck. Just my two cents.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,848  
I got the same thermometer after getting different readings with 2 wood stove thermometers on the same stove. It confirmed that both thermometers were correct and showed clearly how the temperature varied, depending on what part of the stove was checked. Allowed me to locate the stove thermometer at the hottest part of the stove.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,849  
the floor or to a workbench ,there are four holes on the flange for it.Possibly it could be screwed onto a solid block of wood for portability .... Mine the handle bent first time so the unit is now sitting unused.
Yeah, I saw a complaint (or two) about that in the reviews ....

I found that my regualr size tire changer worked better, break the bead with it was super simple. then just used some 'spoons' to put the tire on. (just like a full size tire) this is what I use. Manual Portable Tire Changer Mount Home Garage Farm Wheel Demount Tires Changer 813373018370 | eBay
That looks like a nice tool and it would be handy to have :thumbsup: .... and it was what I was originally looking for when I searched Harbor Freight's website (they used to carry one like it) .... but I'm not sure that it would be suitable for the smaller size tire/wheel that I initially had to change - a 4.10/3.50-4 rim is only about 4" in diameter, with a 1" center hole for the axle ....