Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,871  
In the R&D dept we had a difficult time finding a glue that would stick to polyethylene. Looks like HF found one for its label on the 20 bin (yellow plastic) portable storage container. Thankfully mineral spirits helped me keep from shredding the label trying to remove it by just pulling. I really like these containers though.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,872  
This has probably been posted before, but I am not going to look thru 288 pages to find it. This bead breaker I found on eBay should work fine.
TIRE BEAD BREAKER | eBay
I made one similar to it about 30 years ago and it still works flawlessly on all auto tires or smaller sized tires.

Attachments

• BeadBreaker.png
    BeadBreaker.png
    85 KB · Views: 194
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,873  
This has probably been posted before, but I am not going to look thru 288 pages to find it. This bead breaker I found on eBay should work fine.
TIRE BEAD BREAKER | eBay
I made one similar to it about 30 years ago and it still works flawlessly on all auto tires or smaller sized tires.

I know it's been written about but it just doesn't seem durable enough to actually break the bead on a 14" or 15" tire difficult tire like on a haywagon. Won't those stamped steel "ears" that the handle pivots on bend and distort? Maybe the handle itself bends?

Here's the one from HF--same thing as above --less money.

Bead Breaker

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,874  
..............doesn't seem durable enough to actually break the bead on a 14" or 15" tire difficult tire like on a haywagon. Won't those stamped steel "ears" that the handle pivots on bend and distort? Maybe the handle itself bends?

6 or 8 ply tires? Probably not. Mine may or may not be heavier, but the principal is sound and mine works. I haven't actually seen these.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,875  
Another HF item that doesn't suck: Supercut bandsaw blades.

I've had an HF bandsaw in my basement shop for a number of years, use it occassionally, generally not enough to wear out blades. My wife started using it for some of her folk art projects, and has been giving it very heavy use. The 1/4" HF blade I had on it lasted through a lot of her projects, but was finally starting to get dull. I picked up a replacement Bosch branded blade from a nearby Lowes. That blade lasted just a day or two before it started to dull. I picked up a different blade, can't recall which brand, from (also close by) Home Depot. That blade broke after a few cuts (I may have tensioned it wrong...first time using a 1/8" blade).

So, back to HF, where I picked up a few of the Supercut blade that lasts so long. Looking at the package, come to find out they are made in Idaho.

Got one installed on the saw again, and the wife is back to cutting projects, with a good tracking blade.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,876  
I'd agree on the HF blades I have their el-cheapo band saw. I also bought several blades at the time for replacements. (6 years ago) I dont cut alot but have used plenty of oil and its still quite sharp. So the replacements sit and don't get used. Thats fine with me.I fully expected the original blade to be junk and it wasnt.:thumbsup:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,877  
I just used the harbor freight 10 amp sander polisher and would recommend it. Used it for 6 hrs one day then 9 hrs the next sanding old floors that had linoleum tiles glued to it. Used 36 and 80 grit to finish then 120 on a small orbital to finish. Never would of thought It would have lasted for that much abuse but it did.
32.00 $ with the 20% off coupon cheaper than renting a finishing sander.
I just sanded the perimeter around the 2 rooms about a foot out from the wall. The 2 rooms were 400 sq ft.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,878  
Some suck and some don't.....I have two High Speed Metal Saws, item #36843, made in Taiwan, that are really good. A friend bought HF's Item #91753 that looked identical, made in China, that is worthless. We compared it to mine and found it was slightly different and didn't have enough power to saw a wooden lathe.

I bought a "Oscillating Multifunction Electric Power Tool Item#68303" and liked it so good, I bought the air version #67538. Both are really good tools.

I thought their blades were priced high at about $7.00 each, until I went to Lowe's and found Dremel and other brands of blades priced at $30 to $40.

The first attachment is the Air Saw. The second is the Oscillating Air Tool

Attachments

• air saw.png
    air saw.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 161
  • Air Tool.png
    Air Tool.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 204
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,879  
I just bought the optical Tachometer to set my tractor PTO speed properly and it worked great.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,880  
In buiding up a small travel toolbox, I didn't want to spend much for only an occasional use so I bought sockets and wrenches at HF and am really impressed. I almost want to ditch my old Craftsman and use these as the good sockets. Anyway....

21 Piece High Visibility 1/2" Drive SAE/Metric Socket Set $34.99 but on "sale" and with 20% paid $23.99. That's a great price and they are excellent sockets. Jury still out on the rachet but so far, so good.

22 Piece SAE and Metric Raised Panel Combination Wrench Set These were $19.99 but on sale for $14.99 and with 20% off were $11.99. They are great wrenches, especially for an occasional use. Not as nice as the sockets but still a real deal amd excellent wrenches.

***Now, on the downside, don't buy these ear muffs Ear Muffs unless you have a very small head. They are great quality and good noise reduction but unless you have a small head or are a child, they are too small.