Page 295 of 421 FirstFirst ... 195245285292293294295296297298305345395 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 4206
    Tractor
    Yanmar YM240, YM186D, and another YM186D

Default Re: Clamp-On Multimeter

Quote Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
    on demand tankless hot water heater pulls 44 amps at 240V....
    Will significantly change our backup generator needs though
    Is your power down very often? I wonder if a second, smaller heater on a single faucet (or shower?) might be sufficient during power outages. This might allow a smaller generator sized to whatever else is critical.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

Default Re: Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

Changing the post title back to the original so it doesn't look like you guys are having trouble heating your water with a Clamp-On Multimeter.

Bruce

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    Is your power down very often? I wonder if a second, smaller heater on a single faucet (or shower?) might be sufficient during power outages. This might allow a smaller generator sized to whatever else is critical.
    Not very often (twice a year?). If need be, we could use the indirect one when the power is out, or shut off one its the two breakers (for some reason, it is on 2 60 amp breakers) to drop it to ~20 amps used.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Mixed blessing here...I was given an "Inside Track" one year membership. I haven't looked at prices yet but is this a good deal?

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor

MY ITC year just expired.

I bought several hundred $ of stuff I would have bought sooner or later and saved more than the subscription cost.

However - the ITC monthly and weekly specials are often only a minor discount off the newspaper-coupon or email prices and the ordinary coupons are available more frequently. So ITC is mostly HF pushing stuff for a short time that you don't really need at this moment but would have bought eventually. I think it is mostly aimed at getting the customer to make more frequent visits to HF. Fuel to drive there could easily cost more than your ITC savings.

In a lot of cases it just means earlier discounts on next week's coupon items.

Also it just means a week earlier sidewalk sale pricing for normal stock, it doesn't mean days-earlier access to the specific sidewalk sale merchandise consisting of customer returns, incomplete sets, old warehouse stock, etc.

Overall, buying an ITC membership would be a good idea if you buy tools often for your business - but for an individual one year was sufficient. I'll go back to watching coupons. YMMV.

I wish they would bring back the mail order sales again. The only mailing I get is for store sales. And as stated above I cant drive and hour and half one way to my local HF.I dont know who is doign the figuring on what is local. but now a days we have the internet that can show the distance from one zip to another and If they did that they surely should realize that I wont be driving three hours round trip to save a couple of bucks.....But I take it as a tease or insult that they send mt ads that I cant use.

wso I ahvent bougth from HF in over a year.One year my buddy and I combined orders and spent close to a few grand . but they lost us as customers now.

Tractor

They still allow their coupons to be used for mail orders. Maybe you need to sign up again to get those emails?

Here's a current ad. Harbor Freight Tools. I see 'Add item to cart' and 'price with this coupon code'.

Tractor
    Kubota 7510, Toro Groundsmaster 217D

Some coupons have on-line codes to use them as well as in store. You have to look carefully to see if it has that code. Some do and some don't. I just used a 10% off coupon to buy a farm jack on line. There were 3 available, based on how much you spent decided how much discount. I think anything over 100 bucks was 20 % off.

Every once in a while I get email coupons that are a percentage off on a single item- but not often.
    I thank God everyday for all of the blessings he has given me- especially for the one's I do not recognize or see!

Tractor

Strange - I receive emails like this one all the time. "Good at stores/website/by phone". (Example only - this one expired last week. And I fudged the customer#.)

I get the email ones, but Im thinking more of the paper circular ones they mail..They are only good at the store...Perhaps their distance circle to wide.
    Ill admit when i had almost 15 sale catalogs at one time I would order from many of them online. most of the time perhaps 10 of them were still valid..

Page 295 of 421 FirstFirst ... 195245285292293294295296297298305345395 ... LastLast