Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,941  
Re: Clamp-On Multimeter

on demand tankless hot water heater pulls 44 amps at 240V....
Will significantly change our backup generator needs though
Is your power down very often? I wonder if a second, smaller heater on a single faucet (or shower?) might be sufficient during power outages. This might allow a smaller generator sized to whatever else is critical.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,942  
Changing the post title back to the original so it doesn't look like you guys are having trouble heating your water with a Clamp-On Multimeter.

:)

Bruce

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,943  

Is your power down very often? I wonder if a second, smaller heater on a single faucet (or shower?) might be sufficient during power outages. This might allow a smaller generator sized to whatever else is critical.
Not very often (twice a year?). If need be, we could use the indirect one when the power is out, or shut off one its the two breakers (for some reason, it is on 2 60 amp breakers) to drop it to ~20 amps used.

Aaron Z

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,944  

Mixed blessing here...I was given an "Inside Track" one year membership. I haven't looked at prices yet but is this a good deal?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,945  
MY ITC year just expired.

I bought several hundred $ of stuff I would have bought sooner or later and saved more than the subscription cost.

However - the ITC monthly and weekly specials are often only a minor discount off the newspaper-coupon or email prices and the ordinary coupons are available more frequently. So ITC is mostly HF pushing stuff for a short time that you don't really need at this moment but would have bought eventually. I think it is mostly aimed at getting the customer to make more frequent visits to HF. Fuel to drive there could easily cost more than your ITC savings.

In a lot of cases it just means earlier discounts on next week's coupon items.

Also it just means a week earlier sidewalk sale pricing for normal stock, it doesn't mean days-earlier access to the specific sidewalk sale merchandise consisting of customer returns, incomplete sets, old warehouse stock, etc.

Overall, buying an ITC membership would be a good idea if you buy tools often for your business - but for an individual one year was sufficient. I'll go back to watching coupons. YMMV.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,946  
I wish they would bring back the mail order sales again. The only mailing I get is for store sales. And as stated above I cant drive and hour and half one way to my local HF.I dont know who is doign the figuring on what is local. but now a days we have the internet that can show the distance from one zip to another and If they did that they surely should realize that I wont be driving three hours round trip to save a couple of bucks.....But I take it as a tease or insult that they send mt ads that I cant use.

wso I ahvent bougth from HF in over a year.One year my buddy and I combined orders and spent close to a few grand . but they lost us as customers now.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,947  
They still allow their coupons to be used for mail orders. Maybe you need to sign up again to get those emails?

Here's a current ad. Harbor Freight Tools. I see 'Add item to cart' and 'price with this coupon code'.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,948  

Some coupons have on-line codes to use them as well as in store. You have to look carefully to see if it has that code. Some do and some don't. I just used a 10% off coupon to buy a farm jack on line. There were 3 available, based on how much you spent decided how much discount. I think anything over 100 bucks was 20 % off.

Every once in a while I get email coupons that are a percentage off on a single item- but not often.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,949  
Strange - I receive emails like this one all the time. "Good at stores/website/by phone". (Example only - this one expired last week. And I fudged the customer#.)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #2,950  
I get the email ones, but Im thinking more of the paper circular ones they mail..They are only good at the store...Perhaps their distance circle to wide.
Ill admit when i had almost 15 sale catalogs at one time I would order from many of them online. most of the time perhaps 10 of them were still valid..